Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: What have you won in a contest, or raffle?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    I remember at my mother's company picnic they had a contest in where you had to guess the number of pieces of candy in a giant jar. Besides getting the jar, I also got some cavities.

Did ya get the candy too? I would hope so, because eating glass you give you more than cavities
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Guns, guns and more guns! Its really just two shot guns. A 20 gauge when I was 10 at a Green Wings (Duck Unlimited of kids) event. And a nice Winchester 12 gauge at Duck Unlimited dinner two years ago.

The 20 is a fun one to shoot because of it's report, but has a powerful kick. I still haven't shot the 12 yet. My dad has it in his gun save because I don't have a save place to keep it.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

At a stag party two years ago, I won the top prize (a CD player) and a bottle of Jack Daniels, but they made me give them both back, because it was for my brother's wedding and I set up the stag party and organized the prizes. I settled for an "Icehouse" backpack.
    I woulda told them "too damn bad", LBC! I hope you at least got your fair share of Jack at the reception!

On the bright side, you could have made your own Icehouse by peeing in the backpack and then adding some water.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Did ya get the candy too? I would hope so, because eating glass you give you more than cavities
    Yeah, even though most of it was "old person's hard candy."

Quote Originally Posted by captainsolo1138
    I woulda told them "too damn bad", LBC! I hope you at least got your fair share of Jack at the reception!

On the bright side, you could have made your own Icehouse by peeing in the backpack and then adding some water.
    The JD, I wasn't terribly upset at giving back. I hate the stuff.

The CD player however I coulda used, because I do not own a personal one myself, I just use other peoples.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Yeah, even though most of it was "old person's hard candy."
    HAHA, you got the candy that is wrapped to look like strawberries. How come only old people have those in their house? I have never seen them in stores.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    HAHA, you got the candy that is wrapped to look like strawberries. How come only old people have those in their house? I have never seen them in stores.
    Old people? Old people? You're going to be an "old people" some time, kh! Why, I oughta! You kids, you human kids, with your whining! In my day we di- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... ... and that's how salt water taffy solved the Scopes Monkey Trial.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Old people? Old people? You're going to be an "old people" some time, kh! Why, I oughta! You kids, you human kids, with your whining! In my day we di- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... ... and that's how salt water taffy solved the Scopes Monkey Trial.
    Thank you for sharing that story Grandpa Simpson
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Tonights multi state lottery is $200 million dollars, I'm hoping to win that and get myself a bunch of new relatives! I have heard that people who have won aren't always happy. Let me tell you, if I could be out shopping for Star Wars stuff instead of having to work all the time, I think I'd be pretty freaking happy!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I've won a lot of concert tickets, MOTORHEAD, Dio, Iron Maiden and the like (oh and one for Rush doning 2112 which I had to miss, and a Helix show which I also couldn't attend)
    A bunch of CDs (including the Jimi Hendrix BBC sessions)

Once, 200 quick-pick lottery tickets (took me like 3 hours to get the 20 bucks I won)

soundtrack to 300 miles to Graceland....

recently, a big-arsed "53" fridge magnet from "herbie won't Die" or whatever it was called (actually pretty fun)

and a big ol' crappily painted statue of a Unicorn, back in grade 6 IIRC

And I've won several miniature-painting contests- they stopped having them locally partially cos I kept sweeping the last few, unfortunately
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I'm hoping to win that and get myself a bunch of new relatives!
    Good one, dad! I'm glad you passed your sense of humor onto me with those spectacular genes of yours!

mabs, you forgot to mention the set of "crappy" Anime girls that you recently won.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.