Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clone157 View Post
    Congrats Boba! I myself just won a Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary by telling what my favorite movie moment is from the trilogy.
    That's gotta be about the toughest contest ever! If I was put on the spot I don't even know what my answer would be.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Holy cow, so I went out to my car this morning to fetch my Illinois Mega Millions ticket. I knew the Mega ball was 43, so I look at my ticket and see I had the mega number 43. I get in my house and checked the remaining numbers, and I had 4 of the 5 white ball numbers. To sum it up, I won 10 grand this morning!
    Congrats! Nothing like waking up $10,000 richer!

They really get you in on taxes. My wifes grandmother went on Ohio Cash Explosion 4 years ago and won 32,000. She only netted around 18,000.

The week before I thought I had the same fortune. I saw the numbers and knew I had 5 of them. I got real excited. Problem was when I looked on the ticket the numbers were on 3 different lines. $10,000 to 2 bucks that quick.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Ouch, I hate when that happens. I thought I had won $2 and it got even better. On a second ticket, I won $2 because I had just the mega ball.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I got my lottery check today, and it was minus any State and Federal taxes. That's good though, so now I won't have to worry about spending the Federal portion of my winnings!

Got my check, minus taxes, deposit it in the bank Saturday, teller tells me it should be available today, Tuesday, and when I checked out my statement online, it was. So I proceeded to pay two of my credit cards, one online, and another by check, I put gas in my car, and my day is rolling right along. Then I come home, ready to take my wife out to dinner, check my account to see if the online autorization had gone through, and I find the check back on hold. Now my checking balance is negative, I am furious, so I call the bank to find out WTF is going on, and scream at the lady at the other end. I ended up talking with her supervisor, and he tells me that Federal Regulations, blah, blah, blah, and that they needed a contact number for the bank that issued the check, again, WTF. I'm a simple man, I don't have that kind of information.

Have a beer in your new mug, catch your breath, and maybe things will get better!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Frett, I want you to get out of your chair, go to your window, stretch out your head and yell, "I'm mad as Hasbro giving collectors another Tatooine Luke sculpt, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

That sucks, though.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I hope to see the money back in my account by tomorrow or "There will be Hell to pay".

Well, I won an autographed copy of Carrie Underwoods latest CD! I told my story on the "Donate Life" site when they asked the first 20 respondants to tell why they thought being an organ donor is important to them.