Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    Not to get too far off topic with recent wins, but I got a win that is almost a sure thing for everyone here on SSG. Papa John's is currently doing their Super Bowl coin toss contest (I think it goes until just before the Super Bowl game begins) Pretty simple contest, just guess whether the coin toss is heads or tails. If you are right you win a code in your email for a large, one topping pizza. Now for the sure thing part, you are allowed to enter 4 times per household provided you have enough people living in your home who are at least 13 or older and have emails. If you split the vote you are guaranteed at least 1 or 2 wins.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I'm not sure a free Papa John's pizza would count as a "win."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Today, at a writing conference, I was given a ticket for a raffle. My co-worker also got one (everyone who went did), and we noticed we had the same number. Why? The person apparently tore off the tickets wrong and never put mine/hers in, but other another that no one had. Anyway, I got another ticket; she kept the old one. They called that number we both had (now hers), but followed with "just kidding." Not funny. Any anyway, the second-to-last item was a Barnes & Noble gift card... winning! Crummy part was, my co-worker's didn't get called.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Last week I bought a Powerball ticket and I won the ability to lose $2 AND still have to go into work the next day.

I just recently won the MVP Award at work (Employee of the Month). I didnt even vote for myself!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I didn't vote for you, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Got my two free Papa John's pizzas for the Super Bowl coin toss. Chuxter may not consider them a "prize", but I can't complain with free dinner. Also won another $25 in itunes gift cards.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl View Post
    I just recently won the MVP Award at work (Employee of the Month). I didnt even vote for myself!
    Excellent. Get any other freebies/goodies for your "Employee of the Month" award beside the obvious name/plaque deal businesses do?
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

Back in high school, he could throw that speedball... wait, that wasn't me. :likeTHEboss:

Back in high school, when I was on the JV cross country team, I believe I finished first (at least, from my team) in each JV race. When they tallied the team MVP votes at the end, I got all but one vote. I didn't, and still don't, believe that you vote for yourself. Or El Chuxter.

In the "real world" would just stop hasslin'... wait, again, wrong stuff. :HotWheels21:

In the "real world" life, I was an employee of the month (and got a stitched polo shirt) at the hotel for which I was working, so I was then elligible for the EOTY award that year; and I actually won that. I got flowers (made a nice re-gift for mom ), an engraved watch and pen set, plus a check. Then, I was promoted to a mid-manager position, that indirectly led to me becoming a teacher. Thanks, scarring and impressionable Jan. 28th event!

This thread got me thinking, and lists (LISTS... :drool: ) are always fun. Always. Matching assignments could remind people of school, but eh, whatever.

Which of these awards, trophies, prizes, or recognitions do you think the general public knows about? And which ones do YOU know?

1. Actor
    2. Bill Russell
    3. Conn Smythe
    4. Eisner
    5. Emmy
    6. Golden Globe
    7. Hart
    8. Heisman
    9. Irving Thalberg
    10.John Wooden
    11.Lady Bing
    12.Larry O’Brien
    13.Moon Man
    14.Newbery
    15.Norris
    16.Oscar
    17.Outland
    18.Peabody
    19.Pulitzer
    20.Razzie
    21.Roberto Clemente
    22.Stanley Cup
    23.Tony
    24.Veniza
    25.Vince Lombardi
    26.Walter Payton

a.Children’s books
    b.Comic books
    c.MLB humanitarian
    d.Movie participants
    e.Movie producers lifetime achievement
    f.MTV Video Music
    g.NBA champions
    h.NBA playoffs MVP
    i.NCAA basketball top player
    j.NCAA football top inside lineman
    k.NCAA football top player
    l.News reporting
    m.NFL champions
    n.NFL humanitarian
    o.NHL champions
    p.NHL league MVP
    q.NHL playoffs MVP
    r.NHL sportsmanship
    s.NHL top defenseman
    t.NHL top goalie
    u.SAG acting
    v.Stage acting
    w.Television participants
    x.Television and movies
    y.Worst movie quality
    z.Writing, various categories

Just learned that I won a free SteamVita food steamer system (my choice on model/size) on facebook. It also comes with free tongs and a cookbook (regardless of size I choose). I'm tempted to pick the largest and most expensive 5 level model (5x16 CM, feeds up to 12 people and retails for $70 when not on sale), but I'm not certain I can fit it on the stove or in the oven like they show on the website. They also have a 3 level model (3x16 CM, feeds up to 6 people and retails for $50 when not on sale) and a 2 level model (2x16 CM, feeds up to 3 people and retails for $35 when not on sale).

I also supposedly won the big $250 Costco prize ($50 gift card, water bottle, etc.) on the my coke rewards instant win game currently going on according to an email that I got from them. Have to play wait and see on that one though. The prize never showed up in my redemption history like other previous prizes from my coke rewards and a whole slew of other people on another website (devoted to sweeps/contests) reported winning the same prize within the same 30 minute time span that I did. Talked to the coke people via phone and email and from what I was told the prize will not be added to the redemption history on the site, but that they were going to honor all the wins from that 30 minute time span (even if a majority of those wins were glitches) within 6 to 8 weeks after the contest concludes.

Edit: 17 hours later I went with 5x16 CM model. Also won another two $25 Master Card gift cards in that time.