Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New movies to pass on and a few to see.

I'll make this very simple, don't waste your money on

Dark Water, I went because my wife wanted to see it. It's nothing more than the Ring all over again and it was slow as hell. The water element has been beaten like a dead horse. Pure crap!

War Of the Worlds, some great CG, but the acting of the kids was horrid and the story rapped up way to fast. Wait for the DVD to come out in a week.

Flight Plan, saw a early screening a few weeks ago, and it had potential, but the plot lost it's momentum the last 1/4 of the film. Jody was very good, but it just got too ridiculous.

Land of the Dead, wait for the DVD guys. It's cheesy like all dead movies, but this one way a bit too cheesy. The dead start to think and that's fine, but it just wasn't done right. The old and new Dawn of the Dead is still the best.

I saw The Island last night and it was good. Ewen was awesome as usual and the story was well put together. Great action scenes and it had a plot! Go see this one people.

If you liked Anchor Man, go see 40 year Old Virgin. Funny stuff.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith was pretty good, but I'm very partial to both the stars in this flick.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 07-10-2005 at 12:08 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Re: New movies to pass on and a few to see.

Couldn't disagree more on Land of the Dead.

I'm going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Friday. Burton and Depp haven't let us down yet, why would they now?

The Island is kind of iffy for me. Michael Bay is a hack. But Ewan's cool, Scarlett Johansson's hot, and Steve Buscemi is in it. Maybe there's something there.

Bad News Bears? Most likely pass.

Stealth? PASS PASS PASS PASS. Looks boring as hell, and I'm sick of the damn trailers.

Domino. I think this is coming out in August. I'll see this, because I think Keira Knightley's my soul mate.

As for the rest of 2005:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- I'll definitely see this. No doubt about it.

King Kong- Another must. If Peter Jackson asked me cover myself in fire ants, I'd say "Sir, yes sir!"

Narnia-I read TLTWATW in 5th grade. I might as well check this out.

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride- More Nightmare Before Christmas-type stuff. I'll be there.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Couldn't disagree more on Land of the Dead.
    because...........
    (Like my posts)

Cool, glad you liked it.
    (Like my posts)

I do agree with you though about not wasting money on War of the Worlds. That son was so annoying.

I do agree with you though about not wasting money on War of the Worlds. That son was so annoying.
    I head that Dakota Fanning is pretty much screaming during the entire film.

I heard the majority of North AND South Dakota residents were screaming throughout the movie, as well.

I heard the majority of North AND South Dakota residents were screaming throughout the movie, as well.
    I'm glad that ugly War of the Dakota's is finaly behind us and they decided to get along and agree on something for a change.