View Poll Results: Who is the main hero of Ep III?

Voters
821. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anakin Skywalker

48 5.85%
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi

654 79.66%
  • Yoda

40 4.87%
  • Bail Organa

38 4.63%
  • Chancellor Palpatine

41 4.99%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Who is the Main Hero of Episode III?

Although there are many heroic deeds in Revenge of the Sith, the movie's main hero goes beyond simple heroics to become the audience's chief protagonist and champion. However in this movie by itself, some of the movie's main characters do not succeed, another becomes the antagonist, while one main character shows his true face - that of a dictator who will create war to ensure his unique brand of peace.

That asks the question, what determines a hero in a film, is it merely the obvious "good guy" who fights for justice? What about someone who perseveres when the Republic is being destroyed around him? Or could the definition be stretched to include someone like the Emperor who doesn't care if he's a despot and simply is trying to create - by his own rules - order for the galaxy? You'll have to decide that for yourself when you vote.

Re: Who is the Main Hero of Episode III?

I say Obi-Wan, although he wouldn't want that label attached to himself. ROTS is set up to have Anakin be the hero but his turn negates him from being 'the guy' imho. As Obi Wan states before the duel starts his allegiance is to the Republic and democrary, not to a Empire with a leader that doesn't care about anything other then his own power.

I voted for Obi-Wan, he and Yoda did what needed to be done. Ben came closest to completing his mission. I am wondering if he figured Anakin would die there and it would end???
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Obi-Wan, that's my guy.

Obi-Wan no doubts.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

R2-D2!!!!!!

Without a doubt, it was Obi-Wan.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

Obi-Wan !!

I believe HE should have the lightsaber that states BMF.

They must have switched that up somehow
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

What no R2-D2, I mean come on he saved anakin, palpy and kenobi in the elevator shaft, fought off two super battle droid, helped rescue padme, and flew the starfighter while fighting off buzz droids. Give artoo his credit.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I voted Obi Wan, but given the choice I would have voted for Jar Jar for not saying boo.