View Poll Results: Which movie has the best high-speed chase?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ep 1: the Boonta Eve Classic podrace

54 12.56%
  • Ep 2: pursuing Zam Wesell through Coruscant

34 7.91%
  • Ep 3: chasing General Grievous on Utapau

17 3.95%
  • Ep 4: the Death Star trench battle

80 18.60%
  • Ep 5: the Millennium Falcon's escape in the asteroid field

94 21.86%
  • Ep 6: the Endor speeder bike chase

151 35.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which Star Wars Movie Has The Best High-Speed Chase?

When Star Wars was first released in 1977, 1 of the aspects audiences found so amazing about the film was its high-speed action sequences, they were like nothing people had ever seen before. During the film's big chase sequence, Rebel starfighters burned their way down the Death Star trench in an effort to reach the exhaust port as Imperial TIE Fighters hunted them down and picked them off 1 by 1 at breakneck speed. In the 28 years since then, each new Star Wars film has had its own high-speed chase sequence, from the dense forest of Endor to the vast urban canyons of Coruscant. It'll be tough to choose since each flick has its own take on the matter leading to exciting and unique sequences, but which chase sequence is the best of the series?

(thanks to Hellboy for submitting the poll idea)

Re: Which Star Wars Movie Has The Best High-Speed Chase?

I voted for Speeder bike chase. I loved it. There are some that were left off notably

Obi-Wan and Jango Fett - AOTC
    DSII Lando and crew - ROTJ

I might have voted for DS2 myself if it were a choice.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

And you also left out any reference to Teek and the pursuit of him, but then again it's pretty pointless to include it since NOBODY can catch Teek, so it's not even a "chase" then !

Anyway, I vote for Teek.

That's a tough one, I must say. However when I first read the question the first thing I thought of was the Lando chase in the second death star. I would have to go with that one with the speeder bike chase a close second.
    "I have you now."

I voted for the AOTC chase. I've always enjoyed it particularly in the beginning, when Obi-Wan jumps through the window and snags the assassin droid. If I could have voted for a second one, I would have taken the Endor chase scene in ROTJ.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

I voted for the Falcon and the asteroid field. If Lando and the DSII was a choice, that would've been first.

The AOTC chase is good.

Endor Speeder Bike Chase. It is a dizzying scene to watch. The fact it was shot in a forest and there were obstacles everywhere made it fascinating to me.

I went with the endor speeder bike chase, that is just an amazing scene. Had DSII been a choice I would probably have picked that .

The Falcon in the asteroid field. That's my favorite scene in the entire saga. Nothing is better than Han's "We can still out maneuver 'em" and 90-degree drop.

Damn, now I'm gonna go home and watch "Empire" tonite.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'd say the Falcon chase through the asteroid field. It is the one chase where the fear is much evident on both sides--with Leia expressing her doubts in the Falcon, and much of the Imperial Crew reluctant to pursuit. Just looking at the millions of asteroids present, it is inevitable that one would happen to destroy a ship, and it does with a Star Destroyer biting the dust. Here we see the extremes of Vader's fanaticsm in hoping to catch Han and crew to set up a trap for Luke.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.