Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Mine's from Pheobe sticking a pair of danishes on her head in friends. Always makes us chuckle at home!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

I just added a sentence from a collaborative story I'm working on, where Wedge Antilles tries to take a gang of heroes away from a McDonald's in his Q-Wing Fighter and they run into a dangerous situation. . . .
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Has anyone else noticed how there's been some strange signature lines lately?

Mine is from the Simpsons (duh). I picked it because it is somewhat of a Kiss reference. Goes nicely with the avatar I made.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

My current signature is from the old Kenner SW toy catalog from 1983, it was the one that came out just before ROTJ when Kenner wasn't allowed to show images of the Ewoks. The comment I used was from the write-up for the Ewok stuffed figures, the entire description went like:

You've never seen anything like it before! Coming soon!

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

They appear to be a cross between a Jawa and a Wookiee.

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

The most adorable, huggable, squeezable characters in the Star Wars galaxy.

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

Wicket W. Warrick! a budding 14 inches! Wiley the Ewok and Nippet the Ewok! Both 8 inches. All three are cuddly and lovable.

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

A child's best friend! Forever!

For boys and girls.
    Instead of a picture, they catalog had a little blurb stating:

"Due to the secrecy of these characters in "RETURN OF THE JEDI"TM, we are unable to visually display the toy counterpart until the film release."

However, they showed pics of the Logray and Chief Chirpa action figures along with the Ewok Village on the opposite page.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

My Signature is a Quote from John Lennon:

"I Was'nt nockin' it or putin' it down....I was just sayin' it ...it was a fact at that time.....mabe more for England than here....."

It was his reply to the "the Beatles are more popular than Jesus Christ" statement, That was taken out of context to make him and the Beatles sound like they were "Anti-Christans and Anti-Americans." In Fact he just pointed out that (from his "Point of View"and from what he noticed) teens looked up to them (The Beatles) and loved them more than Jesus or GOD. And would rather go see the Beatles than go to Church. It was not his Idea or his Fault, Just something he Noticed..
    BTW. The Beatles are my favorite Band and I'm A Christan!

My sig line regards my other hobby - urban exploration. Urban exploration is, in fact, a fancy name for trespassing...but in a much different way. I have this insane curiosity to see the insides of abandoned buildings. Old abandoned houses, factories, hotels etc. are always fun to explore. Each exploration involves a substantial amount of risk (which includes getting busted for trespassing). There can be homeless people (or psychos), hobos, lead paint, asbestos, holes in the floor, shot gun wielding redneck farmers, etc. My last venture was this past summer in a small town in Ohio. There is an old abandoned farm house next to the railroad tracks in my grandmother's town. It is really scary...It is really old, and looks like the house from the Addams Family...There is a sign saying tresspassers WILL be shot, but I went anyway, considering the fact that the owner would NOT be roaming his property on a 100 degree + day. Well, Inside the house, I immediately encountered rotten floorboards, and almost fell through to the basement 3 times. When I went upsatirs, there was nothing unusual, only bales of hay (what the farmer used the house for - hay storage) In the attic, I encountered possums (probably rabid) and large bumblebees. Ohter than that, it was very uneventful, and a great experience. I am not the only one who enjoys this bizarre hobby. There is a whole section of Urban Exploration websites in Yahoo Hobbies. Below, I've listed a few links that are really cool. Some are from this guy's website. He explores abandoned buildings in Ohio. Others are from different places...

http://www.forgottenoh.com/mudhouse.html - Exploration of an old abandoned farmhouse - VERY cool

http://www.forgottenoh.com/nsps.html - Exploration of an abandoned school

and a few general sites:

http://triggur.org/silo/ - A VERY COOL site about the exploration of an abandoned undeground missile base- the kind that was kept secret by the government during the Cold War

http://detroityes.com/home.htm - All about detroit- a gold mine for the urban explorer
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

My new addition to my signature line is a quote from John Carpenter about Widescreen. Leave it to John Carpenter to be so frank. Plus it fits in great with the Roger Ebert quote. Now I need to find a few more similar quotes.
    "Well, anything is better than pan and scan -- anything. But if I had my druthers, I'd give the option. Just put an extra disc in there and give the original matted version of whatever it is -- whether it's widescreen or whatever -- and then give the idiots their pan-and-scan version." -- John Carpenter
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I caved in and created a signature. I feel it explains things quite well seeing that my mother is Irish and my father is German.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

I just rented the Kung Pow DVD, and the alternate diologue is hilarious. It's the words that the English actors actually said, so that their lips wouldn't line up with the words. The words are pretty close, so it comes out pretty good.

Im sulking about my lack of hulking *sigh*. I can still be GREEN at heart.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008