Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Re: Explain your signature line.

"I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!" - Carl
    A great line from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
    "Sometimes I amaze even myself." - Han Solo, Star Wars
    I don't think I need to explain this one.
    "Hey, did everything just taste purple for a second?"
    A line by Fry on Futurama. It came out of nowhere and made me crack up.
    "General Madine likes Froot Loops"
    CaptainSolo1138's addition to the expanded universe.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

To go along with my Gilligan-tar of the Professor, I have added the truth about a widly-held misconception...

[font=Verdana]"It's not that I can't fix a 2-foot hole in a boat, it's that the boat exploded before I had a chance... jerks" - Roy Hinkley, PHD of coconutology[/font]

(because, as we all should remember from history class, one of the first episodes of the show had Gilligan accidentally discovering a sap that was waterproof and acted perfectly as a rubbery sealant glue, the S.S. Minow was repaired and strengthened by this sap only for Gilligan to discover that the sap dried up and became totally useless. Luckily, Gilligan got everybody off the boat before they launched, and then the Minow, now with a glue that was useless, blew every single panel off her frame. Gilligan had saved their lives, but also doomed them to years on their deserted island, though eventually they would make their way back home by means of a freak storm that caused the castaways to build a single safety hut which flooded off the island, then return to their tropical island with headhunters, freak storms, volcanoes, monsters, and nearsighted Japanese soldiers who didn't know the war had endted, to turn it into an island resort paradise not unlike Fantasy Island except without the excitement. ...but I digress.)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here's my recently-retired one:
    "We've picked up something very weak coming through."
    " (bzzt) on behalf ... for Emper ... would... say... candida... atine as... likely, somewha... or unlik..."
    "An Imperial solicitation call."
    "It's a good bet the Empire knows we're undecided."
    "We better start the evacuation."

I tried to include four links in my new one, but "The Man" only let me have 300 characters (even though only about 40-50 would show in the sig line). So here are all the links (as if anyone cares ):

Current one is (should be) below
    |
    |
    \/
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard Smith
    (From 7/15/02 ?!?)
    First of all, how do you make a signature line?

Second, I was hoping you could all submit ideas for a signature line for me, and I would choose the best one. Sort of like a contest.
    This has been so hilarious going through this thread from the beginning (over 3 years' worth of posts). Lots of "Banned" users, many a sig line that doesn't match the description, many without ANY sig lines. And Deckard Smith is a pleasantly-funny blast from WAY back in the past!

Sigh... nostalgia growing... growing... FADING... growing... grown. Ahh...
    "That's what Sheev said."

I think Deckard Smith should have to take on Joh Yowza Icon of Shame for continuously reading about "the amazing pig terd journey" for how many years now? The old site may be gone, but I'm sure the real Deckard is still there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My "Im a "cool" nerd" signature came to my mind upon knowing this guy in one of my classes. This guy is a fellow nerd, but is the type that fits the stereotype of us down to a T. He reinforces the stereotype, thats how bad he is. The man had a disdain for hygiene. His breath reeked every class period. He wore this Spiderman shirt that was like second skin on him. On top of that he was a little chunky so it looked horrible on him and he didnt comb his hair. He was a heavy breather through his mouth so he sounded like Vader: Haaaa, Haaaa, Haaaaa. So while we are both nerds, hes not what most people would consider a "cool" nerd. Hence the signature.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Hello old friend.

Out with the old:
    [FONT=Arial Black]Battle of the Star Systems: Series 1 - The Menacing Phantom[/FONT]
    You know something's wrong with a movie when the real villain is its director.
    [FONT=Arial] "I am Vader, lord of the Sith, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT]
    And in with the new:
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Hello, my name is 'Emperor Palpatine'. I believe you have a letter for me.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Okay Mr. Palpatine, And what's your first name?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype] ... I don't know.[/FONT]
    Heh heh, yeah, that totally works on 2 levels! Been a while since I did a multi-line sig-line gag.

That's DAMN funny JT, I'm gonna be qoting that I'm sure- gotta have the fake moustache and maybe said in a Jar Jar voice?? no, maybe Obi Wan or anakin, but anakin just didn't have a "fun" voice dammit... I suppose from the SW angle it would just have to be palpatine....funny shtuff tho Isobaws&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Thanks Mabs!

I think it'd be funniest if it were Vader in armor trying NOT to sound like James Earl Jones.

BTW, you guys have NO idea how difficult it was to find a yellow font color that would work on the light background, it had to be yellow to be Simpsons-themed but it had to be dark enough that it could be readable - most of those are more orange in nature. Even this dark goldenrod doesn't fully transmit what I was going for, but it's close.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well well well look who got out his shovel and decided to do some digging!!!! I'm proud of your JT!