Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Explain your signature line.

I get a kick out of reading these!

Some I recognize as direct quotes from films, others are jokes that I get, and then there are some that I . . . uh . . . don't really get.

And so I ask, what is your inspiration for these bits?

I borrowed mine from the documentary, From Star Wars to Jedi. I always laugh at the Jabba operator who states that "The smoke from this cigar is for Jabba. If I was drinking for him, it'd be the perfect job." It served as a running joke with some friends years ago in high school.

Please share !

My signature was in the EP1 script but was cut from the movie I think,I've had it forever because I'm not as creative as JT
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Talking mine, is jes my way of giving a friendly dig at scalpers.....

after all, these are toys were tawkin about!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

If anyone needs an explanation of mine, well, there isn't much I can do for you.

Talking

Mine was in a comic in a Toyfare magazine. Jex Porkins was the real Jedi Knight and this line was said my Vader.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Angry

Alrighty. Mine did not save. It says "Khoo-Ha... Please Pass The Jelly" when it does work.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Well, my signature line is so obscure, it would take too much time to explain it.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Thumbs up

Well, I have two short quotes.

"It can't rain all the time" is from the Crow. It basically represents life. Times may be rough, but it doesn't last forever. Just with stand the pain, and evenutally you will be stronger for it.

"Quote the Raven, nevermore" is from Edgar Allen Poe. It is also used by the wrestler Raven. Just a cool saying and fits my occupation.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Actually evenflow it's supposed to be "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore." But I guess Poe had a slightly different way of conjugating his verbs. Perhaps he was nipping at his cask of amontillado whilst penning that poem.

But, I digress...

I derived my tag line from that 90's hit video game Zero Wing and its signature "All your base are belong to us." I guess a ghostwriter credit should go to BCJ3 for bringing it to our collective attention in the old forums.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I derived my tag line from that 90's hit video game Zero Wing and its signature "All your base are belong to us." I guess a ghostwriter credit should go to BCJ3 for bringing it to our collective attention in the old forums.
    Sorry, Mand Can, I'd love to take credit for that, but you must have me confused with someone else. I'm Roger Murdock; I'm the co-pilot. Seriously, I have never heard of Zero Wing, so some other SSG poster must'a brought it up.

My quote is a combination of Back to the Future character Marty McFly and another famous "Mc" character, What's-My-First-Name MacGyver, known for fishing with gum wrappers, magnetizing metal pens, and creating TNT powder from his dandruff. If only the two guys could meet...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."