Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I changed my signature line after BigBarada got me thinking about Monty Python films. I love that scene where the crowd all speak in unison under Brians window.

Brian: "You're all individuals"

Crowd: "Yes! we are all individuals..."

Skinny bloke: "I'm not..........."

Last edited by Magnolia-Fan; 08-26-2001 at 11:09 AM.

My new one is a reference to a sketch on the TV show Mad TV, that came out a few weeks before Ep1. The premise was, George Lucas wanted a more 'homey' feel for his new films and hired some hack folk-song writer (can't remember his name) to write the soundtrack. My sig line is what he came up with. Try singing it to yourself with no melody or rhythm.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I love that skit!

The singer was supposed to be Randy Newman.

Here's a link to the skit:

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/video/madTV_TFN.mov
    All your base are belong to us!

Cool! Thanks for the link, Magnolia-Fan! It's been so long since I've seen that skit, that I forgot how funny it was!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Magnolia-Fan; 08-26-2001 at 11:11 AM.

okay...work this time...
    [size=-2][color=darkblue]Let's consider our world not as inherited from our parents but as borrowed from our children[/color] -- [i]Unknown Kenyan[/i][/size]

Long story. I'll give you the short version.

If you saw my signature yesterday, you of course realize it was potentially "offensive" to some readers.

Well this morning, I found it missing from everything I posted yesterday (one of the moderators must have taken offense).

So I deleted my first post that gave the reason for the signature, since that post did not make sense anymore.

Then I started grumbling about my predicament in a new post, but had second thoughts about it (I didn't want to **** and moan and put everybody in a bad mood), so I deleted that one too.

Hence, my two empty posts.
    All your base are belong to us!

My signature is now purple
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious