Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Mine has nothing to do with Star Wars, it just a line i always say...
    As always...........L

My favorite Indiana Jones line from Raiders...

Can't remember who was supposed to have quoted my tagline, but damn if I haven't found it to be true....
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Arrow

You're right, JT. These do look odd if you cahnge your sig line. See if any of you recognize where this one came from:
    "Artoo-Deetoo was crashing through the ice caves in Cloud City when a slimy creature showed up and then disappeared into space where sad farewells were said." In case I change it again!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

BCJ(formerly3), I already sent you a PM about your new sig line, well before reading this, but I'll give someone else a chance.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I got nothin'...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    My current signature, along with my previous one, came from the episode of That 70's Show where they all go off to see Star Wars on it's premiere night.
    Barada,
    Interestingly enough, I had always taken your quote to have been a nod to Monty Python. The "Pirinha Brothers" segments of one show included interviews with various gangland characters including Stig O'Tracy who said of Dimsdale Pirinha, "He was a cruel man...but fair!". Perhaps the writers of That 70's Show used that line as a nod to Monty Python as they no doubt would be somewhat familiar with the sketch I referenced.

As JT said this thread will get very confusing when someone changes their sig line.

My 70's Show sig line was: "If I don't see some space jugs I'm gonna be pi**ed!"

My Mad TV sig line was: "Stah Wahs.......Stah Wahs.......oh dem Stah Wahs"

My new "He was a cruel man....but fair." line does in fact come from the Monty Python sketch. I just hadn't gotten around to explaining it here.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Fast work, Barada. And thank you for helping stop any further confusion from my mistake. I had only seen the Star Wars episode of That 70's Show when it originally aired, so I don't recall everything that was said. I thought perhaps that line was used in reference to Darth Vader or something. I do now recall your previous signature line that was very much from that episode.