Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast
    Ugh, you just took the Fortune Cookie gag and made it worse.

BTW, every single line you have there is funny with the Fortune Cookie gag.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Isn't there a "Bib Fortuna Cookies" thread here somewhere? :inbed: I was just using the tried-and-true Hollywood technique of "borrowing" a previous story and making it "better." If only I could've made it in 3-D...
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Isn't there a "Bib Fortuna Cookies" thread here somewhere? :inbed: I was just using the tried-and-true Hollywood technique of "borrowing" a previous story and making it "better." If only I could've made it in 3-D...
    That is not what I mean. The fortune cookie gag is taking any fortune cookie statement and being able to add "in bed" to the end.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Didn't you see how I "imbedded" the fake emoticon :inbed: in my post? I told you it'd sweep the galaxy...

The addition to my signature line is in celebration of news that Catwoman will be part of the third Nolan Batman.

Hathaway is one of 20 women I would leave my wife for....

I'm 100% certain I'm not on her list, so I have no moral guilt having her on mine.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    The addition to my signature line is in celebration of news that Catwoman will be part of the third Nolan Batman.
    But what does "smilled" mean?

I've finally ditched the xmas-themed sig line, and even took out the trades since nobody is doing that anymore. Right now, it's just a simple saying I came up with a few years ago:
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it. - JT
    I should hope its meaning is obvious, but if not, it means wielding a weapon doesn't make you wise, the ability to have a weapon and figure out a way to not use it does.

In a way, it's a statement about how so many out there think being a Jedi is merely about waving around a blue blade - the Clone Wars tv show is often guilty of this - but really, it's instead about the deeper meanings behind the wizardly Jedi characters who thought of the saber as a last line of defense and that their job as protectors of the peace often meant not using the saber but the mind.

You've blown my mind, dude.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Mine comes from a sticker that was underneath a large piece of glass of my uncle's poker table from about 12 years ago.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

As JT moaned, my attempt at the "there's an app for that" line fizzled out:

The new game that's sweeping the galaxy: end a SW quote with "There's an app for that."
    "I just got this bucket back together." "Agressive negotiations? What's that?" "You tell that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth he'll get no such pleasure from us." "Anakin; you're breaking my heart."

But the newest sig line reports on sad news from the SW political world: