Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OTC Millennium Falcon vs. POTF2 Millennium Falcon

I'm looking at picking up a Millennium Falcon. I haven't decided if I'm going to get the OTC or POTF2 yet. Is there much of a difference between them? There aren't really any threads comparing the two versions.

I had the vintage one, but that is long gone.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Re: OTC Millennium Falcon vs. POTF2 Millennium Falcon

I have the OTC one and my stepson has one. His ios pretty cool, it has the sound effects and the blue lights on the back light up. DOnt know if the POTF2 one lit up or had effects, but I like the OTC one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The OTC one was redesigned to be able to hold 2 figures in the cockpit because the POTF2 one couldn't do it very easily. If you want to wait a minute they're apparently re-releasing the Falcon as a TRU release in a ROTS box.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's not exactly an ROTS box as it is a box with the orange logo. It doesn't have the ROTS flames on it.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I've got both. As far as I'm concerned the POTF2 version has only one thing over the OTC version - its paintjob. It has plenty of wear-and-tear whereas the OTC one is mostly white (and shiny) with only a few black scorch marks. My POTF2 one has also become yellow and stained and I leave it covered in dust. What isn't good about it is that the canopy, for no reason I can discern, is a different colour to the rest of the ship. Only 2 of the 4 sound effects appear to be taken from the film (ANH) - these being engine noises. The cockpit is too cramped to fit 2 figures (but to be honest the OTC version hardly fixed this).

The OTC one has that fantastic light-up engine - it really is impressive. The POTF2 one is just a blue sticker. The OTC version has better sound effects now including more accurate blaster noises (taken from Return of the jedi if I'm not mistaken) and a proton torpedo sound. It has the same 'fly-by' engine sound as the POTF2 version but I think its been extended - another engine sound effect appears to be a monotonous background drone which you'd hear if you were 'inside' the ship. What I was disappointed that it doesn't have is a 'hyperdrive malfunction' sound effect from Empire Strikes Back - that would have been cool but they've neglected to include it 2 times out now - which I find strange.

The OTC one rectifies the oddity of the different coloured canopy but its just white like the rest of the ship. So unless, like me, you find the shiny white kind of charming, this isn't a great point.

One thing I find annoying is that on the OTC version, once you put the game table in place its impossible to remove. I wanted to replace it with the table from Dejarik Chewbacca (POTJ) because it has the holographic characters on it but couldn't get the original table out. There is no such problem in the POTF2 version. Why they felt the need to make the new one so secure is lost on me.

So I think ideally, if you have space, you should get both and you could display different figures outside and inside both Falcons. I've got the docking bay 94 Jabba scene going, two imperial scanning crewmen preparing to board with two VOTC stormtrooper guards standing by the loading ramp, the lightsaber training scene, an injured Luke bespin clutching his arm etc.

Thanks for the input. The OTC version is still at one of the TRU near me (still at $55) and the POTF2 version seems to be going fairly cheap on Ebay. We did see the OTC version on sale at KB a couple months ago for $40something, but decided to pass. I didn't know about the upcoming TRU exclusive...maybe I'll just wait to see what that one looks like.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Well, If TRU is going to get an exclusive, then they might CLearance the OTC version rather soon, so you might catch a break.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

What's going to be so exclusive about it that it warrants another run. I have the Vintage, POTF and the OTC. Enough is Enough already there are so many other ships that hasbro could be making for us.......Cloud Car anyone, Grievous starfighter etc
    I will definately pass on this exclusive
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    Enough is Enough already there are so many other ships that hasbro could be making for us.......Cloud Car anyone, Grievous starfighter etc
    I will definately pass on this exclusive
    Yeah, but they don't have a mold of Grievous Starfighter just laying around to rehash.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well, they need to make a mold then.