Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jedi armor figs

Jedi armor figs

Sorry if this has been posted before, but i was just wondering what do you guys think of the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in Jedi Traing gear ? i think they rock, though the Obi-wan one is kind of dull a bit his arms thats the only problem with it.
    MACE: (deadly stare) You see that duffel bag under my chair?...it's full of lightsabers. I want you to reach in, pull out my saber and hand it to me...

JORUS: (gulp)...which one is yours?

MACE: It's the one that says BAD M*****F***** on the hilt.

I don't quite like them. It's a lame EU figure. We could have seen cooler EU figures, but instead got these lame re-hashed figures. Hasbo is only doing this because, "We need to have more of the main characters, that's what the people like," when really it's not. They are o.k., but could have been made way later.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Thumbs up bueno!

I think they are cool. I think they would look good on all the Jedi. I mean they wouldn't even have to add anything, I know it would be a little like a resculpt but it would be a cool one.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

They are cool but i am an Obi fan, so you know. Though there cool with me only thing is i cant find Qui-Gon in jedi armor, plus i dont like the way they made the arms on obi-wan fig, there not all that good, i wish hadbro would stick to the way they did the EPI figs.
    MACE: (deadly stare) You see that duffel bag under my chair?...it's full of lightsabers. I want you to reach in, pull out my saber and hand it to me...

JORUS: (gulp)...which one is yours?

MACE: It's the one that says BAD M*****F***** on the hilt.

The Obi-Wan is ok when compared to the Qui-Gon, they both could use quite a bit more articulation though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

They're both okay, as is the Sith Apprentice Maul, but that's all I'll give 'em. Snowbi-Wan, though, despite being as ridiculous and unwanted a figure as the other three, is a work of art.

If you're not a completist, Cold Weather Obi-Wan is the only one you need.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was offered Sith apprentice Maul, or 'Darth Mollusc' as I call him by a friend. I turned it down. What can you do with it? it just stands there all thin and yellow looking. Jedi armour Qui-Gon is a beautifully sculpted and executed figure. I love the design of it. I'm going to tear his head off and customise it though because I hate Qui-Gon. Same with the Obi-Wan. I'm always looking for newcharacters to add to my Tatooine diorama and these two look like rough riders ready for a brawl. Perfect for a fight scene outside my cantina! Although I don't have Obi yet I'm looking forward to getting to grips with ripping his head off too. Only question is - who's head do I stick on in its place?

The POTJ EU assortment suffers from the fact that there's not a lot you can do with them as far as the sources they come from. I would have preferred obscure aliens or troop builders over them, or even more familiar EU figures (Resculpted Prince Xizor or Bothan Spy or something like that)

I really dig Obi Wan his pretty interesting athough it would have been interesting to see it on film though
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I think they look cool. But the articulation could be better on them. I'd like to see more background characters made rather that EU. One here or there would be ok.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett