Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I waited too long on the Christmas Vacation RV too, as well as Anakin and Ahsoka.

The Duel with Darth Maul is a major shelf-warmer as well as (surprisingly) the Indiana Jones "Retrieving the Idol." I bought that one early on. The Landspeeder is also still available here.
    I went out Saturday morning and saw an abundance of landspeeder and Indy ornaments.

Money was a little tighter for me this year. Thank goodness for the Hallmark coupons. I used the last one I had to pick up Indy Jones.

Carlton Cards does ornaments, too, and I've collected the I Love Lucy ornaments for several years. This year's ornament was $33, and I only found it at the Carlton store. In the past, I've found it at Meijer or Kohl's and was able to pick it up on sale, but not this year. I had real reservations about paying $33 for a single ornament.

Got the ones I wanted at full price(the OZ ones as well for my wife) pre-X-mas...but my two Hallmark stores are cleaned out of almost every character & light & sound orn. they had this year...I really wanted Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet, though.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Heading out to my Hallmark to see what the clearance leftovers offer.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

so i just took down my Christmas Tree and put everything away till next December but I was thinking...looking at all the Star Wars ornaments for Christmas I realized we need some updates:

Electronic Lightsaber Duel Ornaments:

ANH : Old Ben vs Vader (not one yet) just 2 stand alone character ones i believe
    ESB : Luke vs Vader....true we have a few but they could use an update similiar to the set this year of TPM Obi Wan / Qui Gon vs Darth Maul
    AOTC: Anakin / Obi vs Count Dooku

these are just a few off my head but perhaps making a ask Hallmark Thread might spawn more ideas
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Registered
    I like the idea of duel-themed ornaments. But Hallmark, please include the batteries!!!

I think there are some obvious characters that have been overlooked who need to be made into an ornament. Like Lando. I would prefer to see a Lando than another Vader. Vader's been produced four or five times.

Being ESB's 30th anniversary, I could see a couple of ESB-themed ornaments, like a snowspeeder, tauntaun or a cloud car.

But we'll know in March!

Hallmark always seems to include the batteries, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, here's the link from earlier in the thread that showed off this year's SW ornaments: http://www.superherohype.com/imageGa...n_2009_164.jpg
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

i don't much like the duel or multi-figure ornaments. i prefer single figures. waited until the weekend to pick up the theed duel on clearance (got all the others on release weekends)

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Hallmark always seems to include the batteries, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    The Duel of the Fates ornament didn't come with batteries, and for $27, it should've.

Besides the 2009 Enterprise, we're getting a Snowspeeder this year. I'm not overwhelmed but I'm glad they're throwin' the ship collectors a couple of bones. I was hoping for a Twilight or SSD.

The rest are here:

http://dcswcc.org/modules.php?name=C...showpage&pid=9

Hope it's magic.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

That Luke is so goofy looking I'm going to have to pass on him. I'll pick up the Snowspeeder and Lando.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)