Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Rebelscum has pictures of the '08 ornaments. The Imperial Shuttle, Palpatine on thrown, Vader fighting Luke, and minature death star & star destroyer. Sweet!
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Nice, I love that we're getting the Imperial Shuttle! I hope the Trek ornaments are good too.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hallmark 2008

Yep, I collect the Hallmark ship ornaments, too... they got me into collecting ships in the first place.

The Shuttle looks nice... pic attached. I imagine that the wings will be static, as is usually the case with Hallmark. They can put it in a bigger box and charge like, $50. Oh well, I'm stoked anyway.

Any date for the release? Is it "magic"?

The USS Reliant looks pretty kewl, too. Pic posted in Non-SW section on SSG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hallmark2008ad.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	16919  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

I believe the release date is next Sat. 7/12; in my mom's Hallmark mailer she got a few days ago, it showed some of the new ones from all types, and the only SW ones listed (they never put them all) were the Imp Shuttle and a red Royal Guard (that one would be nice on a tree).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    The Shuttle looks nice... pic attached. I imagine that the wings will be static, as is usually the case with Hallmark. They can put it in a bigger box and charge like, $50. Oh well, I'm stoked anyway.
    I don't have the mailer in front of me, but it said the shuttle's wings move, and I think it was $39.95 because it had some musical theme that played.

BTW, these are winter holiday ornaments, right? Usually for Christmas time, when it's cold and snowy in some places. And this line of Hallmark stuff has been going for, what, 15 years or so? Here are some omitted characters from SW (see if you can find the subtle connection between them)...

Luke Skywalker (HOTH Battle Gear)
    Han Solo (HOTH Battle Gear)
    Chewbacca (SNOW on fur)
    Princess Leia (HOTH Battle Gear)
    Imperial SNOWtrooper
    Rebel Soldier (HOTH Battle Gear)
    Padme Amidala (Mygeento [sp?] SNOW planet gear)

And I think that Hoth was a SNOW planet. Yeah, we've had SNOW Walkers and SNOWspeeders, but c'mon! No characters dressed for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Keepsake Bel-Cam View Post
    I believe the release date is next Sat. 7/12; in my mom's Hallmark mailer she got a few days ago, it showed some of the new ones from all types, and the only SW ones listed (they never put them all) were the Imp Shuttle and a red Royal Guard (that one would be nice on a tree).
    Yes, the 12th is the day, BTW. I can't seem to find the Royal Guard listed online; I wonder if it's this year's Limited Edition ornament. Dang it! I really do not like exclusives! Even if I'm lucky enough to find them...

Many Gold CRown Hallmark stores will probably be opening earlier than usual. That's how I nabbed the Tusken last year!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I plan to scope out some stores this week to figure out if any are open early (I was on vacation last year, so I missed out on "exclusive" Tusken ).

Yeah, the Royal Guard is the limited edition this year, as well as a comic-style Joker ornament. I don't see the point of the limited editions, it's pretty lame.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The one main character they have yet to make into an ornament is Lando. With this year's theme being ROTJ, hopefully next year we'll get an ESB theme, so we can finally get Lando and maybe even a Carbonite Han (although I could see THAT being the exclusive).

Here's hoping this year ends up like last year, and there AREN'T a bunch of scalpers hanging around Hallmark (of all places) for an exclusive ornament that won't be worth bupkis on the secondary market when compared to other toys. I lucked out with the Tusken last year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this year.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"