Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Did you buy it? Palpy looks really cool with two of his little red buds on either side of him!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Nah. Thought about it, though. I heard the voice of Palpy... "you want, this, don't you?" But then I heard him again... "you no longer have any need for those. Guards; leave us." :thereisnoconflict:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Wouldn't it be cool if he were still there until clearance time? : pieinthesky :
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if he were still there until clearance time? : pieinthesky :
    I hear his voice once more... "Yes... can it be done?"
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Hallmark Imperial Shuttle and USS Reliant 2008

Just got around to picking up the 2 decent-sized Hallmark ships from this year's offerings... skipped the minis again.

The Imp Shuttle is awesome... wings fold completely up and down and the paint and detailing are very nice. It loudly plays The Imperial March and it lights up the engines in blue when you hit the button.

One thing... ignore the "instructions"... you'll need a micro Phillips screwdriver to put the batteries into it. Also, there's no landing gear on this one, for those who want the wings displayed up... but it is nice. It's well scaled to go with the original Hallmark Falcon (a personal fave).

Admiral? Admiral!

The Reliant is also excellent... quite similar to the Furuta. Pushing the button lights up the insides of the nacelles (and a light on the top at the front of each nacelle). The impulse section has brightly lit blue domes on the top and bottom of the saucer, and the impulse engines light up red, too. Could really have used a stand, though.

Strange that there's no voice of Khan, though. So many funny Khan lines are missed here.

It's nice not to have wires hanging out of these ships, but I do prefer ships that stay lit all of the time, rather than 30 seconds after a button is pushed...

All-in-all though, they're very nice indeed.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Re: New Hallmark Ornaments for sale on Saturday

Checked it.
    Looks good.
    [url=http://www.sellgoldsell.com]Sell Gold [/url]

There's another special weekend coming up, October 11, with just one SW ornament: a small Death Star II and Star Destroyer (not Executor, though). I noticed a Star Trek communicator as well, and thought that'd been made already.

my wife bought me the Imperial Shuttle and Luke vs Vader the other day. she got them for 30% off at Kohl's
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I was in Hallmark yesterday, and they had several Royal Guards on the shelf. Bought one so that now I can put Palpy with a guard on either side of him.

While it's possible these were leftovers from July (they did have at least a dozen that day), I'm guessing they got a second shipment in to coincide with the October 11th release. Much better than last year, when the stores only got in 6 Tusken Raiders, and never got a second case.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Preview of Hallmark Ornaments for 2009

I just saw these pics... thought some of youzes might be interested, too. Count me in for Old Pikey as well as the vehicles.... wonder if we'll see him or Cap't April in the new flick?

I'd imagine that there are more SW ornaments to come, but I think that this covers all of the Trek ones. Yay... K'T'inga! Nice choice!

More info:

"Two of the remaining ornaments for 2009 will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Hallmark will offer ornaments of the K’t'inga-class Klingon battle cruiser (complete with incredible detail of the hull plating and glowing torpedo launchers) and the Ilia probe (sporting her white outfit and neck jewel - pheromone glands sold separately). Ilia will be a limited-quantity ornament, as was the one of Lt. Uhura in 2007, so be prepared to hit your Hallmark Gold Crown store the day it goes on sale.
    The last ornament for 2009 will be a TOS hand phaser that lights and plays sound effects as well as lines of dialogue just as this year’s TOS communicator ornament does. The line choices are very cool (I got to help pick ‘em) and this ornament is one we’ve wanted to do for a long time. If you like the communicator (and people who saw it and played with it this weekend sure did), then you’ll love the phaser."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hallmark09pike1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	19682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duel.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	19683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HanSolo.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	19684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landspeeder.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	19685  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.