Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Now, I prefer the figures over ships, but I don't like the "limited" or "exclusive" anythings. There are several gaps in my ornament collecting, so purposely missing these ones will not affect me in the least.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I enjoy the mix of figures and ships that Hallmark comes out with. Although I try to pickup whatever is on sale the days after Xmas.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I used to try my luck at the 50% off day after Christmas sale, but around 2000 it became too difficult to get them all at a discount. I had no trouble getting the Tusken Raider in '07, but the Royal Guard was a bit tricky last year. I guess I'll snag my Greedo next weekend to be sure I get it.

I also sent Hallmark an email stating my disappointment over the Comic Con Exclusives. My friend works for Lego and I am going to have her try to get the exclusives for me. I won't be crushed if I don't get them as they are re-paints, but would rather have them in my collection than not.

IF I've ever wanted a Star Trek or just about any other property, those can always be found after Xmas. Star Wars seems always to sell out well before locally.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I received notice in the mail today of the new Keepsake offerings this year. PB is absolutely right that SW sells out immediately if not sooner. Largely thanks to our die-hard scalpers that still exist in the area. They raid us so that they have material to sell at Frankenstein's.

I will be there to grab the few goodies I've eyed as necessary.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I received notice in the mail today of the new Keepsake offerings this year. PB is absolutely right that SW sells out immediately if not sooner. Largely thanks to our die-hard scalpers that still exist in the area. The raid us so that they have material to sell at Frankenstein's.

I will be there to grab the few goodies I've eyed as necessary.
    Considering the 1500 mile difference between our locations, them scalpers must be doing good. Try it, and I'll do somethign than TeeEye7 will try to prove it's me who did it but I'll confuse everyone with limits of detection speak.

This is going to be a busy week for me, after buying nothing for nearly 3 months, ROC GI Joe figs are released this weekend, SW Ornaments next, and a couple of DVD sets called Complete Series GI Joe and Transformers soon after that.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I noticed yesterday that I have an all-day meeting on Sat. 7/11. Why don't these people look to see if any collectibles are first available for sale before setting these meeting dates? That might make getting Greedo a little harder (unless like last year, the Limited ornament stayed on shelves for a couple weeks after the opening day).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Got mine today, including a Greedo (an a Donald Duck exclusive). Looked like they had anywhere from 6-12 of these, but I had reserved all of the regular ones, so I didn't stick around to look further.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I picked up Greedo, Luke/landspeeder, Indy stealing idol, and what to me is the standout piece...Deadly Duel from Ep. I. Only thing missing is Duel of the Fates music!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

My family and I picked up our ornaments today, they had everything I wanted aside from Greedo and the Trek phaser, I think. Apparently that store only got about 4 Greedos total, and they were gone instantly despite us getting there only 19 mins after they opened. Fortunately, the woman at the register was kind enough to call up the Hallmark store in a bordering town and I managed to get a Greedo that way.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"