Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Decisions, decisions. Prices have escalated on ornaments and my salary has been steadily cut over the past three years that I can only treat myself to one. Hard decision. After-Christmas selection of ornaments has been all but nonexistent in recent years, to that's not much of an option for me, either. Release date is fast approaching and I need to make up my mind (missed out on everything last year).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I always try to get one a month, if possible, TeeEye. It's more affordable that way. As I've mentioned before, there are very few ornaments I get at the actual Hallmark shop. I've bought more at Kohl's than anyplace else. With the sales and stuff, they're pretty affordable.

Gonna try and get the Comic Con set this year. I have a friend who's attending this year.

It's just hard finding the funds (and justifying the expenditure) on the ornaments these days as I said above. Paying out of state college tuition for our son is also a factor in my economic profile these days. However, your suggestion of Kohl's is a good one, OC. I forget about them because the store is on the other side of town from me but we do manage to get out that way from time to time. I think it will be worth a look to see if their prices will be manageable. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    However, your suggestion of Kohl's is a good one, OC. I forget about them because the store is on the other side of town from me but we do manage to get out that way from time to time. I think it will be worth a look to see if their prices will be manageable. Thanks!
    The last couple of years, I've bought the more expensive (sound/light) ornaments at Kohl's. I've picked them up 25 percent or more off the regular price with the sales. That's a lot better deal than HM ever runs.

I wasn't aware the discounts would be that good. It's definitely worth the look. Again, a very big THANKS!

The store I'd been going to has closed, and it sort of reopened at a different mall (about the same distance from me, just the opposite direction; with some of the same people working). The store opens at 9am. The mall opens at 10am. Hmm. What to do?
    "That's what Sheev said."

The HM store I frequent the most will open at 9 a.m., even though the rest of the mall doesn't until 10 a.m. I'll be there when the door opens and march right up to the checkout counter, get Hammerhead and march right out!

I'll be there early tomorrow... reading to pass the time! At least, until the others show up and we can swap stories of collecting in a spirit of togetherness and fun. Then, the elbows come up, the brass knuckles get polished, and the chipstraps get buckled!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Good luck on the hunt tomorrow! Take care, sirs! (and madams).

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'll be there early tomorrow... reading to pass the time! At least, until the others show up and we can swap stories of collecting in a spirit of togetherness and fun. Then, the elbows come up, the brass knuckles get polished, and the chipstraps get buckled!
    Don't knock over too many grannies, BC.

I'm heading out shortly and will stop at 9 a.m.