Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Other than standing behind a granny who put $525 worth of ornaments on layaway, I had no problem. Waited about 15 minutes or so to check out.

The place I went to was in a mall, opening their store at 9am, when the mall itself opens at 10am. Okay... well, apparently they open it "early" for those who walk the mall for exercise... at 9am?!? When I got to the store, there was already a group (maybe 10-12 people) in front. Hmm. I got the last Momaw (or, let's say, I got the only one I saw on the shelves). Not much organization once people wanted to check out. I think I may've been the youngest customer there. My receipt shows 9:09am as the checkout time; got to use a few coupons and cards I'd saved for today to ease the pain on the wallet.

What'd I get? Hammerhead is simple and kind of cool. Grievous is bigger than I expected, so the price fits better. But the best one is the electronic "Han Solo to the Rescue." First of all, FINALLY it's a Hoth costumed character for the first time in all the years Hallmark's been making SW ornaments. But the best part is, HAN CUSSES! I did not think they'd use the "Then I'll see you in hell!" line for a Christmas ornament, but they did. Hee hee!

I passed on Maul (I have the other one, just a different pose) and the TIE Interceptor. No non-SW ones tickled my fancy.
    "That's what Sheev said."

My buddy was fortunate enough to get the Comic Con SW Hallmark ornament for me. I don't have it in hand yet but it's coming. : )

Missed out on last year's.

The next Ornament Weekend event is Oct. 6-7. I like the look (and sound ) of the Peekbuster Vader (I assume it's a Limited Quantity one ), and the Lego Stormtrooper's already on my hold list.

I received a 20-percent off coupon from Kohl's and used it to purchase the Han and tauntaun ornament. Got it for $28 and some change.

The salesman gave me the coupon back. Might use it on the Grevious ornament.

I picked up two more ornaments, thanks to my Kohl's coupon: Grevious and the Christmas Story House on Cleveland Street.

Bel-Cam, I don't think the Peekbuster Vader is a limited quantity ornament like the July ornaments, but don't hold me to it.

At C6, at the Lego colletors panel, it was said last year's Vader Lego ornament was going to be re-issued, which is a first for the company. It was so popular that it's making a second appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Bel-Cam, I don't think the Peekbuster Vader is a limited quantity ornament like the July ornaments, but don't hold me to it.
    I called, and you're right; maybe. They didn't show it as a Limited Quantity one, but it also wasn't on their main list. I asked them to hold one anyway with my Wish List.

Vader and Lego Trooper both look cool. No props to Old Shoving Guy in the store, who also knocked over ornaments from the shelf, to buy one Limited Quantity one.

His brother must have been at my store yesterday...diving at the hex block display to grap the Bat(w/e only) from TDKR. He proceeded to follow me around the store, checking what was in my hands. Anywho, I picked up Lego stormie(the sales girl all of 15 kept pushing Vader on me...and I said uummm, it's a reissue; I got it last year), BTTF Delorean, Peekbuster Vader & Miss Gulch in sepiatone for me wife.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Picked up my Vader just a bit ago.

Gonna check and see if Kohl's gets any other ornaments. The TIE interceptor may be the last one the store carries that I don't have.