Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    Kohl's carries Hallmark orns?
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    Kohl's carries Hallmark orns?
    In the words of Dave Hester, yuuup! Han and the tauntaun, TIE interceptor and Greivous. With the sales, Kohl's is considerably cheaper than the HM shop.

The last time I was in a Kohl's, their ornament display section had a Hoth Han head attached to a string, just dangling there, sans tauntaun. Well, he can still see you in h3ll! I find the toy and holiday sections there to be terribly maintained and always a mess. Mervyns, RIP, used to carry Hallmark ornaments, too.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

It's preview weekend...again. The wife received a $5 coupon and I have a $2 coupon. Mom gave me another $5 coupon that's good through Christmas Eve.

Planning to get a coupon non-SW ornaments: Christmas Vacation, John Wayne or the Prep and Landing are in the sites.

So I go to the Hallmark shop at the mall with morning armed with coupons. I picked up the John Wayne and Christmas Vacation ornaments. I whip out the $5 e-coupon the wife received and the clerk says they don't accept it. It's not a corporate policy, but individual store policy. I asked if she or the other clerk knew if one of the other HM stores accepted the coupon; they didn't know.

I drove to the other side of town to the HM in the strip mall. Walk in and ask the clerk first thing if they accept the e-coupon. Guess what? They do! I think I found a new HM store to do all my shopping at!

I also picked up the glass Darth Maul ornament at Target today.

Thanks to OC, my wife ventured to Kohls this evening and picked up an ornament we'd been looking for our son (which I won't utter here since he lurks on the boards).

Thanks for letting us know about Kohls, OC. Nothing better than getting Hallmark ornaments at discount before Christmas!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Glad that it helped. I picked up the stormie Lego and the second Christmas Story ornament at Kohl's over the weekend.

Received a coupon for a free ornament from Hallmark. I swung into the shop and browsed the display before asking for the ornament and noticed the Darth Maul ornament was gone, display version and all. Sold out, I was told when I asked. This was at the HM shop at the mall. So I went to the HM shop in the strip mall a few miles away and Maul was still on the shelf. I didn't want to push my luck so I bought it.

Still need to get the TIE Interceptor and Prep and Landing ornament, and then I'm done for the year.

As I finished placing the ornaments on my tree, it dawned on me that Hallmark hasn't made an AHN farmboy Luke ornament. There's two ROTJ Lukes, three ESB Lukes but no obvious ANH Luke. Interesting exception.

Don't get me started on Hallmark's complete lack of Hoth, i.e. SNOW gear ornaments, with the exception of Hoth Han on a Tauntaun this year. Wait; I guess I got myself started.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I do question some of their choices. To me, at least, one of the anniversaries there should be more of a focus on that movie, but there's not. Character popularity seems to be the key issue.

Character wise, Vader and Yoda might have the most ornaments made.

BTW, I was looking at my Christmas Story ornaments. There are at least four variations on the leg lamp.