Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Bought the last two ornaments I needed for the year: TIE Interceptor and the Prep and Landing. Had coupons for both, and since there's the chance I'll be out of town on Wednesday visiting the in-laws, I didn't want to risk it.

Kohl's clearanced the Hallmark ornaments early, 20 percent off. Don't know when it started but I found out about it at the beginning of the weekend. I hit three Kohl's in hopes of finding the TIE Interceptor but there were hardly any ornaments left. At one store, I counted just a half-dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I think I'm liking the Gen. Grievous...
    This posted back in May. My son surprised his old dad with it when he came home from college for Christmas break last Thursday!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    This posted back in May. My son surprised his old dad with it when he came home from college for Christmas break last Thursday!
    That's really cool.

This year's July ornament premiere weekend is 7/13-14. The Hallmark Dreambook was quite disappointing to me, and not just for the SW items. On the 2-page spread:
    - Jango Fett flying
    - AT-ST on Endor (sounds)
    - Ewoks (Teebo & Wicket); I would get this one
    - Lego Clone Wars Yoda; (I'd get this one, too)
    - Jabba on the throne

I still cannot believe the lack of Hoth-related ornaments over the 20+ years of Star Wars and Hallmark.

p.s. I bought a sale item there yesterday: a press-me button of SW characters' laughs (Ewok, S.Crumb, Emperor, Chewie, Yoda, et al).
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 04-21-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Funny business
    "That's what Sheev said."

Found out that the Limited Quantity SW ornament this year is... based on the 30th anniversary of ROJ... and is... Leia in Boushh disguise! Looks good.

That store I've gone to before sent a mailer that shows an 8:00am opening time... when the mall the store is in opens at 10:00am. I called; they said if security doesn't open the door first, they get there early and can "prop the door open with a trash can." There's some security. But I want that Boushh!

Don't forget, it's this weekend, July 13-14, for the ornament premiere!

No problems there, but oddly I was only the 5th person IN LINE to enter the store, and I got there about 7:20am for the 8:00 opening (what kind of weirdoes wait in line for stuff? ). Boushh looks really good, the Ewoks are dead ringers for the recent figures, and Lego Yoda is what it is. Thought about the AT-ST, but I may wait and see if it goes on sale later, or simply pass on it altogether.

Took me about 15 minutes to check out. Got behind a lady who bought $600 in ornaments.

Surprised my particular HM honored the coupon mailed out by the corporate office. Some of the stores are picky about those. Some honor them, others don't. I know of a smaller HM shop in the local strip mall that does take most of the coupons.

Don't forget Kohl's in a couple of months, Bel-Cam. That's where I picked up most of my ornaments last year. And Kohl's runs sales!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Took me about 15 minutes to check out. Got behind a lady who bought $600 in ornaments.

Surprised my particular HM honored the coupon mailed out by the corporate office. Some of the stores are picky about those. Some honor them, others don't. I know of a smaller HM shop in the local strip mall that does take most of the coupons.

Don't forget Kohl's in a couple of months, Bel-Cam. That's where I picked up most of my ornaments last year. And Kohl's runs sales!
    I had a few coupons, too (one only for this weekend, another from previous purchases, one on greeting cards unrelated to ornaments). No issues with them.

The guy ahead of me had just under $300... but he'd placed his water bottle (this store puts out drinks and snacks for customers on premiere days) ON TOP OF ALL HIS ORNAMENTS in the bag while looking throughout the store. Guess why the cashier asked if I could hand her a napkin from the snack table.

I thought the same thing, about Kohl's.

My buddy got the Comic Con SW ornament for me. It looks nice. It's not numbered like previous ones.