Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ask Jude Watson: an exclusive SSG interview with famed Star Wars author!

Post your questions for author Jude Watson in a thread here. In a soon to be announced later date, I will be doing an online interview with Jude Watson for SirStevesGuide.com with the help of Scholastic Books.

If you are a fan of:

Jedi Apprentice
    (and the adventures of young Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Jedi Quest
    (and the adventures of young Anakin Skywalker)

or if you are just getting into

The Last of the Jedi
    - the tales being told after Revenge of the Sith

now is your chance to ask fan-favorite author Jude Watson your questions.

Mrs. Watson does not do convention appearances and it is a very rare opportunity to get to converse with her.

We start this thread with special thanks to Scholastic Books for providing us with this opportunity and possibly having a representative read or participate in our Star Wars books forum.

Please post your questions.

Question Re: Ask Jude Watson: an exclusive SSG interview with famed Star Wars author!

Moderator: "Yes, the blue-robed Jedi in the back."
    Bel-Cam: "Thank you. Ms. Watson, Bel-Cam Jos of the Sir Steve's Guide.com site. Um, now that the six Star Wars films have been completed, are there still any areas that George Lucas considers off-limits for novels?" (sits down)
    Watson: "Brilliant question, Mr. Jos! Here's a 15-book deal with Lucasbooks for your insight!"
    Bel-Cam: "Sweet..."
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: Ask Jude Watson: an exclusive SSG interview with famed Star Wars author!

Wonder if its too late to post a question,but here it goes

1) Are there any more plans for Jedi Apprentice era books?Perhaps find a way to fill in or a Qui-Gon/Dooku style.

2)Will the Last of the Jedi series lead up to ANH,or just show us a small glipse into Obi-Wans life on Tatooine and his adventures beyond?

3)Are there any plans to do a Young Jedi Knights style series for Ben Skywalker in the future?
    Last edited by InsaneJediGirl; 07-20-2005 at 11:53 AM.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I'd like to know if she might tackle an "adult" book in the future. Or maybe "Young Princess Leia."

Of course, you could ask her how she keeps her breath minty fresh, but I doubt that would go over well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Listerine breath strips

Good idea asking about "adult" books Chux.I had thought of it before but of course,being insane it slipped my mind ;-)
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Well, did anyone read my interview? Were you interested in Ms. Watson's answers to my questions? How did I do?

She was very light and fun with her answers in my opinion and she seems younger than I thought she was before. But maybe not THAT young. She's a Han Solo fan and that sounds like a lot of us 20-30 somethings that loved TOT. Count Dooku seemed to interest her too. Siri was her favorite character she created which offers some insight in perhaps how she'd see herself as she'd fit into the Jedi Order if she lived in that universe she got to play in. And she was right: Didi and Astri Odo (Dex's Diner's former owners) were loveable fan-favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Well, did anyone read my interview?

But maybe not THAT young. She's a Han Solo fan and that sounds like a lot of us 20-30 somethings that loved TOT.
    Where is this interview located? And what is a TOT (please don't say it's a tiny potato cake... )? I'd like to read it, and right now I am too lazy to go searching for it...
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

The main page. How many SSGrs never go there anymore?

The Original Trilogy or "Tot" - Darth Tater before he fell into the frier.

I've not read it yet, but I'm going to check it out now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Why doesn't she do convention appearances ?