Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Titanium Series prototypes that MAY get made - PLEASE READ

Besides the stuff we've already seen so far from Comic-Con, Hasbro has more Titanium Series prototypes that we are allowed to show you, but the catch with these is that not all of them will get made and you get to help determine which ones are produced.

Hasbro knows that the SSG readers are able to comment on each photo in the SSG Photo Database, there's a comment box beneath each photo, and they want feedback on the items shown. There are mini-figures, 3 3/4" figures, Action Fleet-sized 6" Titaniums, Titanium Playsets, mini-dioramas, even Hot Wheels-style die cast cars. And you have to comment on each photo in the prototype database and let Hasbro know what you think of 'em. That's the key to getting the Titanium Series items you want (and possibly don't want) made - you have to comment on them.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...y.php?cat=4035
    Here is the prototype gallery, this gallery is ONLY of the Titanium Series prototypes that we're talking about here, so comment on each and tell Hasbro what you really think, the more users that comment the better the chances for the fledgling Titanium Series line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Titanium Series prototypes that MAY get made - PLEASE READ

Can you tell us what scale the Titanium mini-figures are in? Are we talking Action Masters size or the vintage Kenner Micro Collection? The prices are a bit blurred in the photo but it looks like the figure packs have a suggested retail of $6.99?
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Filled some out. The playsets are very reminiscent of the old school vintage ones. I love these. I am all giddy inside. The Slave1 is about all I might pass on, since I have it w/out the black cockpit.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

JT - I was unable to tell if any of the ships were from the 6" line - only the slave 1 looked like it might be. Please advise so I can add comments to any of the 6" vehicle pics. Thanks.

-------------

took a closer look - seems the x-wing and slave 1 are the 6" ones, and I added comments. If I missed any, let me know. MilFal & TIEs all looked smaller 3" versions, is this correct?
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 07-17-2005 at 10:33 AM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

The Slave 1 seems to be pretty much the same mold as the Action Fleet ancestor.

I know all these are concepts and there is no sign we will see all these lines getting made/ feature what is shown.

The Hoth Turrents are clearly based on the Vintage Micro Collection molds.

If anything, Hasbro shouldn't mold the SW Miniatures in Die-Cast- bad idea, IMO. Basically, this line seems 100% rehashed- from the concepts so far.
    Apart from the Deluxe 3" Titanium Vehicles everything else is based on existing toy molds.
    [URL]http://www.flickr.com/photos/24344679@N00/[/URL]

[URL="http://Please%20visit%20my%20Webspace"][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Can you tell us what scale the Titanium mini-figures are in? Are we talking Action Masters size or the vintage Kenner Micro Collection? The prices are a bit blurred in the photo but it looks like the figure packs have a suggested retail of $6.99?
    I have no idea, I'm betting micro machines figure scale or slightly larger.

Quote Originally Posted by KH
    The Slave1 is about all I might pass on, since I have it w/out the black cockpit.
    These are not finished prototypes, don't expect the cockpit to be black just because this unfinished prototype is.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaffy
    JT - I was unable to tell if any of the ships were from the 6" line - only the slave 1 looked like it might be. Please advise so I can add comments to any of the 6" vehicle pics. Thanks.
    I believe only the Slave 1 is, but Steve added new photos I haven't seen yet.

MilFal & TIEs all looked smaller 3" versions, is this correct?
    I think the DV TIE was 3", the Falcon looked to be some sort of display thing and I have no idea what size it was - looked nicer than the current 3" though.

To rehash: these are UNFINISHED prototypes, please make comments in the photo gallery, and SirSteve has added even more items since the original post: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31645
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Falcon on the 3D display is a Die-Cast Action Fleet. The Ties are '97 DC molds reused (now Titaniums).

The X-wing is a 6", as well as DV Tie wich is the one showed a few weeks back at CIII.
    Both from AF molds. Nothing to say on the DV Tie wich is perfect except the color - look at the movie - but the X-wing is dated and needs serious improvements.

What, no new stuff ? Didn't see the Tri-Fighter ? And the ARC-170 box ? Both part of the 6" line.
    Looks very promising to me.

The figures ? A great idea, (pilots anyone ?). Playsets ? Fine ! With figures ? Even better !

The figures looks like they are made at the same size as the MicroMachines ones. I wonder if Wizard have been involved in the making of those...
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Hey, sicqnus. Here's a pic of what I think may be the 6" Tri-Droid with the new packaging. I'm not thrilled with the packaging but that doesn't matter I suppose.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Sorry I was wrong, it seems it was a 3" Falcon after all.

I saw the Tri-Dro´d. Looks very cool. The packaging once again looks goofy.

What's a good packaging for collectors ?
    A good, solid box that you can open to display the toy and re-use after to put back the toy in it and store it.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by sicqnus
    What's a good packaging for collectors ?
    A good, solid box that you can open to display the toy and re-use after to put back the toy in it and store it.
    Gee, it sounds like you're describing the old AF packaging. Which is exactly what they should use.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!