Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The SAGA collection first wave previews/reviews

So what does everyone think of the selected figs?

I'm certainly looking forward to a better sculpted Bib Fortuna. From the pics from Comicon he looks like a much improved fig over the old one.

I like the red effect on the Carbonite block with the Han and the Boussh fig looks pretty good.

These appear to be all new sculpts, so that's welcome.

What are your thought on these and the rest in the wave?
    Move along, move along

Re: The SAGA collection first wave previews/reviews

I can't wait for them. I echo your thoughts on these, being especially excited about getting new sculpts of Leia Boush and Han in Carbonite. You are right, the red glowing "melting" feature for Han is a nice added feature.

I just hope these will be plentiful and not as hard to find as the higher #'ed figs from the ROTS line.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I'm definitely happy about these figure selections. The Bib isn't really needed but it's a welcome addition. The Han and the Leia are both looking really good and I can't wait to get them. Is there any definite word on when these bad boys will be hitting shelves?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'm not that excited about another Bib since we just got the repainted re-release of him last year.

I do like the new Boushh. I'd like to get a look under that big helmet and see what Leia's head sculpt looks like though. The "thawing" Carbonite block with Han is a nice way to reintroduce this figure again, although the "red thaw" aspect could probably be customized pretty easily by painting the POTF version.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I'm psyched about these, though they are a bit of a low key way to introduce the new line. And though you could argue that he needed to be, Bib Fortuna is a curious choice for a resculpt (No complaints though, Hasbro! Keep 'em coming!) can't wait to see them carded!

I assume that this will set the pattern for the whole line. 6-8 figures per "Wave" or "Theme", with about 3-4 of those being new sculpts and the rest re-packs or re-paints.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

I cant WAIT to get back to the OT characters!!!
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist
    I cant WAIT to get back to the OT characters!!!

Im with you all the way! Bring um on Hasbro!!

I like em. The whole wave/theme is a good idea. I liked it at the end of the Saga wave. It is a great idea to release the themes becuase its easier to track and buy them. You get the figures for the spoecific scene and its a lot better than waiting 3-6 months for the next Hoth figure or Palace figure.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I agree, it keeps them all together, and it really does make them easier to track. Out of the first wave, Im def. getting Han, Leia, Chewie, and Bib. Well see how the others look carded, and if its a great find, and well go from there. But those characters (well at least Han, Leia and Bib) look great. Im gettin sooo excited, I seriously cannot wait

I'm surprised two of you didn't think we needed a new Bib Fortuna. I think the old figure is as terrible as R5-D4. And remember, how many thought Lando skiff guard needed an update before seeing the Saga version? Likewise I think Bib will blow everyone away by the looks of him - you'll be aghast at ever having been satisfied with the obese POTF2 one.