Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you think Hasbro ended the ROTS line too soon in order to replace it with SAGA 2?

Just what the thread title asks...

Do you think Hasbro ended the ROTS line too soon in order to replace it with SAGA 2?

I think so. In the ROTS forum, we discussed unproduced figs from ROTS and came up with a list of roughly 70 figures. Hasbro needs to capitalize on this movie while it can. While I look forward to new sculpts of some of our favortie characters from all of the SAGA, I can't help but think that Hasbro is short changing ROTS merchandise (and themselveas well).

Your thoughts?
    Move along, move along

Re: Do you think Hasbro ended the ROTS line too soon in order to replace it with SAGA

This doesn't put an end to the ROTS line. If I'm not mistaken the new Saga 2 line will incorporate all 6 films into it. So technically they'll still make new ROTS figs just not a ROTS specific card.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Re: Do you think Hasbro ended the ROTS line too soon in order to replace it with SAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    This doesn't put an end to the ROTS line. If I'm not mistaken the new Saga 2 line will incorporate all 6 films into it. So technically they'll still make new ROTS figs just not a ROTS specific card.
    exactly. the ROTS line is ending in terms of being on it's own specific card. but by adding it to the Saga 2 line, they will sell better. Most of the hype for ROTS has died down a lot and since most stores are not pushing the figures as much, they might not sell to well to continue the line as part of the ROTS line. also they needed to incorporate all 6 movies, so i think this is a good move in Hasbros part.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Re: Do you think Hasbro ended the ROTS line too soon in order to replace it with SAGA 2?

Yes and no. The ROTS line ended for me back in May when I could no longer find new figures. With the exception of one Mustafar R2 & Anakin, I still haven't seen 45-50 at retail at all. So it was tough going cold turkey and suddenly facing withdrawal symptons.

Now, a month and a half later and six steps into my twelve step program, I don't care whether the line ends. The movie has moved out of theatres and new blockbusters have taken its place. Hasbro needs to refresh the line with new packaging to entice its vendors into ordering more product. Hopefully I'll see 45-56+ before the the new stuff hits, but if not, oh well.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Re: Do you think Hasbro ended the ROTS line too soon in order to replace it with SAGA 2?

I think so Sal, it seems they did the same with TPM line and went into POTJ. Anytime they can make everyone happy is a good time. Now they dont have to be movie specific.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, the Saga 2 won't be here until '06 right? And it seems that ROTS will take us through Oct/Nov, so I'd say it's about right.

Besides, I honestly need a break from the ROTS style packaging.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Im glad to see the comming of The Saga Collection. I missed my OT characters, and Im really excited about the waves. Im sorta sad to see ROTS go, but bring on Saga 2,from what Ive seen it looks awesome

60 figures seems about right for the movie specific cards. Im more likely to complain about why we got 3 obi-wan's and 3 anakin's two R2s 2 grevious's 3 palpatines 2 yodas. As I see it, that is 8 figures we didnt need. We could have gotten clone commanders and whatever else we are wishing for.

Im excited about the new line. Any idea how long it will run. I was hoping we could get one unified line that would run throughout the releases of the entire saga in 3-D

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. I hated the card design and like Slicker stated we should continue to see ROTS figures included in the Saga 2 line and thats all I'm really concerned with.

In comparison to the other lines it actually had a pretty respectable run.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Absolutely not "too soon", Hasbro did pretty much every major figure in the ROTS line already, we really need to focus on more than 1 Star Wars movie, even the Saga line wasn't just about AOTC within a year. And like Ji'dai pointed out, post-44 ROTS figures have been hard to find while pre-44 pegwarmers have clogged stores. Retailers see change as a new product and are more willing to put out that product than the bent-carded, scuffed-bubble, "same old-same old" that customers are seeing now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.