Someone in the costume masquerade competition dressed as Van Helsing and using all his weapons to fight Dracula and his brides even suddenly pulled out an MR F/X Skywalker blade on stage to use to defeat the Vampires once and for all! (after a crossbow, regular sword, and holy water didn't work).

You couldn't walk down ANY hallway or isle in Comic Con and not spot a lightsaber or hear MR's authentic power-up / power off F/X sounds. I've been reporting and carrying my notebook and camera and have been going through withdrawals wanting my lightsabers which I've left at home so far so I'd not have too much to carry (let alone I'm not fond of the idea of putting them down anywhere if I have to use the bathroom). But I've so much wanted to carry my blade and get into some duels with whomever I can.

I am also just amazed at how rapidly this company has become a major fashion-fad or something. I'm not sure what else to call it - but I saw Lt. Uhura (Star Trek) with a Vader saber tonight, I've seen Batman using one...they're everywhere.

Remember when friendship bracelets took off? I think the early 2000's are going to be marked by carrying lightsabers around or something - especially to fantasy sci-fi movies and conventions, let alone we'll see more than a fair share of them on Halloween.

Anyway, it's just everywhere and at Comic Con, it was like prior to every presentation they had the cell phone courtesy and lightsaber courtesy announcement.

As other companies are replacing the leaders with the Star Wars license, Master Replicas is quick becoming the one at the top.