Everywhere you looked at Comic Con - you saw Master Replicas lightsabers

Someone in the costume masquerade competition dressed as Van Helsing and using all his weapons to fight Dracula and his brides even suddenly pulled out an MR F/X Skywalker blade on stage to use to defeat the Vampires once and for all! (after a crossbow, regular sword, and holy water didn't work).

You couldn't walk down ANY hallway or isle in Comic Con and not spot a lightsaber or hear MR's authentic power-up / power off F/X sounds. I've been reporting and carrying my notebook and camera and have been going through withdrawals wanting my lightsabers which I've left at home so far so I'd not have too much to carry (let alone I'm not fond of the idea of putting them down anywhere if I have to use the bathroom). But I've so much wanted to carry my blade and get into some duels with whomever I can.

I am also just amazed at how rapidly this company has become a major fashion-fad or something. I'm not sure what else to call it - but I saw Lt. Uhura (Star Trek) with a Vader saber tonight, I've seen Batman using one...they're everywhere.

Remember when friendship bracelets took off? I think the early 2000's are going to be marked by carrying lightsabers around or something - especially to fantasy sci-fi movies and conventions, let alone we'll see more than a fair share of them on Halloween.

Anyway, it's just everywhere and at Comic Con, it was like prior to every presentation they had the cell phone courtesy and lightsaber courtesy announcement.

As other companies are replacing the leaders with the Star Wars license, Master Replicas is quick becoming the one at the top.

Re: Everywhere you looked at Comic Con - you saw Master Replicas lightsabers

I dont dought that, they were everywhere at Celebration III. Just about everybody had one. Cant say I blame them.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The price is good and the product is great, what's not to love? I knew MR had an instant hit on their hand the minute they switched to LED blades.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Didn't you guys know they were giving the sabers away? That's why they were all over the place.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I sooo wanted the Mace FX saber! but they sold out quick. I settled for the Anakin Ep III saber though, and it's even cooler once I got it home and actually saw how bright it is in a dark room and how loud it is in a room by yourself as opposed to a room with 30,000 plus people in it!

Shoot, I even saw 'em on the trolleys!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Man Tycho, you ain't kiddin'!! I've never seen so many sabers in my life. It just added to the whole "buzz" of the con and made it that much more of an awesome place to be! I hated leaving there too, knowing that once I get back to reality, I'm not going to see people in costume and people carrying lightsabers everywhere they went...too sad! Four and a half days just isn't long enough!

I NEED MORE!

I NEED AN FX SABER!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I'm glad I got in on this craze before the majority of people then.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.