Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Dear Master Replicas...Need Darth Vader Reveal

The reason I asked about the dome was because it is a part of the overall mask, not because I'm a moron who doesn't comprehend that there are details to expose in the "reveal" mode. I already have a very cool Don Post Deluxe Vader so that "complete" look is already covered in my collection, which is why I really would like a "reveal" mask to compliment it. And just as I might want to leave it in "dismantled" mode for display, it would also be cool to have the option to close 'er up too.

And for the record, that dumb strap thing was part of the original design for Prowse which is why it shows up on most versions of the mask. These things generally are meant to be wearable and frequently are despite the cost. I mean, your car likely cost 10 times as much and you drive it around. I don't see the difference.

i agree. it would be nice to have both and maybe master replicas will accomodate us one day.i know i would buy both.

MR will surely provide both as they've been hinting even before the first ROTS was announced. Although those who have high hope of wearing the ROTS helmet remember its a studio scale so its taken directly from the Lucasfilms molds, meaning unless your face matches Hayden Christenson's you'll always have an awkward fit....Just food for thought. Personally mines going to be displayed only and far from anyone's hands!

Agreed Mike... I think I may try to wear it once just to see... but this is a display piece only... but I think thats fine because it is an exact replica of what Hayden wore...made to the exact same specs as the one in the movie... I mean how cool is that !! How often do you get a chance to have something like that !! I can't wait to get mine... hate waiting !

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mike
    MR will surely provide both as they've been hinting even before the first ROTS was announced. Although those who have high hope of wearing the ROTS helmet remember its a studio scale so its taken directly from the Lucasfilms molds, meaning unless your face matches Hayden Christenson's you'll always have an awkward fit....Just food for thought. Personally mines going to be displayed only and far from anyone's hands!
    You know, I hadn't thought of that before. The Don Post Deluxe was sculpted from the ESB Prowse mask...so it's absolutely HUGE and looks ridiculous on anyone (me) who isn't 6'5" and 200+ lbs.

The Hayd-er mask might actually look "normal" on the rest of us of average build. Hmmm?

Hard to say stilla, Hayden beefed up a little for ROTS. But the helmet and the outfit looks MUCH better on a tall person with that build.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Hard to say stilla, Hayden beefed up a little for ROTS. But the helmet and the outfit looks MUCH better on a tall person with that build.
    Yeah, I guess we'd want to avoid hearing, "Aren't you a little short for a Sith Lord?"

I'm interested to see how this thing does fit my face and head. One time only and then on a shelf for the rest of my natural life.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Yeah, I guess we'd want to avoid hearing, "Aren't you a little short for a Sith Lord?"
    While I personally don't have an issue with Hayder's height... I do have to give credit where credit is due: good one Stilla!

Back on topic. Someone on another set of boards just toured MR's offices and saw their prototypes for 2006. All he could say is that "The WEATHER was great!" Maybe the ROTJ Vader Helmet is well weathered and has Emperor damage!!!