Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dear Master Replicas...Need Darth Vader Reveal

In all the hype of Star Wars over the years, one of the most iconic images of the saga has been overlooked by nearly everyone, that being the Darth Vader Reveal Helmet.

It is made of 3 pieces. The first is the collar which wraps around the neck and includes all the breathing gadgets and microphones used by Anakin.

Second is the "face," the interior details of which are sketchy at best.

Third is the classic "dome."

Some talented prop/replica makers have the tools and skills to construct their own versions of this. But what would it take for a company like Master Replicas to reproduce this type of collectable?

Re: Dear Master Replicas...Need Darth Vader Reveal

Maybe Sideshow will make a 1:1 bust of Vader with a removeable helmet, How mint would that be???

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spoon
    Maybe Sideshow will make a 1:1 bust of Vader with a removeable helmet, How mint would that be???
    If it will be anything like the darth maul bust it will be just....no words will describe how good it will be.....and how high the price tag will be.
    "I have you now."

MR will be releasing the ROTJ Vader "Reveal" helmet in 2006 BUT from the clues that Steve and Barry have been giving over the past few months it will come with front Neck piece including "mouth" and microphone, back neck piece and the top of the helmet. No dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mike
    MR will be releasing the ROTJ Vader "Reveal" helmet in 2006 BUT from the clues that Steve and Barry have been giving over the past few months it will come with front Neck piece including "mouth" and microphone, back neck piece and the top of the helmet. No dome.

That's really great news! Thanks for the update. But why no dome? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

stilla, I've seen some custom Vader Reveal Helmts on Ebay from time to time. They look awesome! Worth checking into if you want it sooner.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The "No Dome" is most likely to show off the top of the helmet's details. I'd love a specialized base to show them off separately top half and bottom but it will probably line up together. Also, No Dome allows for those who purchase the ROTS helmet to have a different piece in their collection, they don't alienate possible customers by going that route...I added pics from the official site of what the two pieces may look like. Hopefully they're in there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vadertop.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	12025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaderbottom.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	12026  
    Last edited by Jedi_Mike; 08-18-2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added Pics of what the helmet may look like

Good speculating Jedi Mike. I can imagine how the setup would look like.

"Impressive...most impressive."
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Okay, so the news page has a link to the new helmet (with dome) and I gotta say, for $900 I think it's pretty goofy. Sorry for the negativity, but what is that big strap doing on the back of the mask ?

Really, why would anybody wear a $900 mask ?
    I think the strap makes it look cheap.

Well, that would be what makes the Studio Scale version unique. The reveal helmet does make a little more sense, but the SS is exactly what Hayden wore, and that makes it a more accurate prop replica IMO.