Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Geez, maybe I shouldn't mention that I forgot to throw a check in with VT's mm package yesterday.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lightbulb no worries jt, you can just paypal me. that's the beauty of $$ :)

same goes for shinky, of course
    shinky: you ain't the only one who's jealous someone else got em. i woulda Loved to've been able to bag em for whoever needs
    vt
    np: gogos, "capture the light"

GSJ: As soon as I saw VTs post last night I e-maild him saying I can send out what I was able to dig out and whatever I owe today. I guess time flies when you procrastinate. I had no idea it was about 3 weeks since I replied to an e-mail he sent me, and in that time I kept meaning to find the rest of the stuff but still haven't done it. Well hopefully it's not a problem including the rest in our next deal. I wasn't going to post about this since VT said he'd post an update when he heard form me. I just don't want it to seem like it's being dragged out further to anyone else.

Sorry again VT,
    S43

Talking thanx shinky, for takin' care of this!

i didn't mean to come off so high horsey sounding.

the friendships and the banding together of this mm community for the last year and a half is important to all of us, and as such it's imperative that we maintain our relationships with the highest integrity.

think about prior to the evolution of this forum, where else did we go, to search out our mm bounty. usually ebay was our only resource. and as such, we were held hostage by scalping mercenaries.

this forum has transpired into a safe heaven from having to go that route. we are all located in different corners of the globe, this gives us greater chances to beat the scalpers odds, by pooling our collective resources to help each other out!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

STMM Auction

ShinaKuma.....why must you pour salt in old wounds? I saw that auction on ebay before it got put in completed items and I beat myself up for missing it... There was also a seperate auction that ended that was nothing but rares (minus Captain's Yacht, Caretaker Array, Kazon Torpedo and HMS Bounty) and it was only $60 on the buy it now!!! What really hurts is that I knew the seller was putting that auction up and every chance I got I was looking at his current auctions list but the one time I don't, that's when it went up... Aye Corumba... for $110 after buying both of those auctions you could of had every single rare ship. (minus the captain's yacht, heh) Mope...mope...mope....
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: no worries jt, you can just paypal me. that's the beauty of $$ :)

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    no worries jt, you can just paypal me. that's the beauty of $$
    I'm afraid that if I had the cash in that account, I'd already have sent it to you. However, in the account I tied to Paypal, I've only got $35 after a minor emergency where I had to tap most of my cash, and I need a minimum amount in there to keep my life insurance current. See, I'm paranoid, so I kept my main bank account from being touched by Paypal because I don't trust any online company with that much of my info AND all my money . Anyway, I'll get you a check that won't bounce or I'll just fill up that other account and paypal you when it clears. Sorry for the delay (I haven't opened the package you sent yet, I figure since I haven't paid for it, I shouldn't enjoy it).

What's driving me nuts is that the dealers of Hasbro toys have started noticing how much these MM and AF toys are getting, and are asking unbelievable prices at shows and stuff. One guy had that first STMM boxed set (the one with like 9 ships in it) for "only" fifty bucks...

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

geez, i feel like i'm tawkin to a bomaar MONK ;P

what's with all this penitent self-denial? crack that damn egg already, whaddya think i sent it for besides, i wanna hear if everything got there a-ok or mashed like that jpg you recently posted
    besides, i got Yer pkg yesterday (report later) re payment, do what's easiest 4u, speed's not an issue. YET
    vt
    np: b52's, "legal tender"

Well, the box is in dandy condition, but I just don't feel right about enjoying something I owe so much money for. When I got the gold-plated X-rays from R2 a loooong while back, I never really felt right about them until I had finally paid her back (though I did enjoy the DS Trooper figure inside, IIRC ).

So, what did you think of the selection I sent you, were you surprised to see some of that stuff?

Angry mebbe u dint here: i sez CRACK THAT DAMN EGG ALREADY! :P

oh, yeah, right, i guess i see what you mean about it being seauuu MUCH MONEY cmon, i Need to know that that stuff (some of which are going to trade partners of yers) arrived in good enough shape. while you're at it, When did it get there? reePORT!!!
    you wanna make up the damn delay to me, get to work on my blue-VioleT custom icon (based on symbol on pkg, the one incorporating the fett-helmet "eject" triangles). work up a rough draft, send it to eechar@n2.com and i'll advise changes as needed. then, seeing as how i was a top tenner before the forum change, implement its aVailabiliTy Now, not when i reach some magic number
    report: from-jt pkg
    alas, the "bonus something" was Not an alpha cloudcar (as i'd realistically hoped) Or a diecast rachel groundcar (as i'd UNlealistically hoped), but instead a commdork luke w/t-16 minimicro anyone could buy for $2 at tru ;P i already have said t-16 (found o-o-p for $.25 a year ago ), so i'll either give b'jr this one or use it for unopened trade fodder at trekcon 2nite (not that i'll expect it to fetch much ).
    jt's generous compensation mm trade package included ferengi, d shuttle, reliant and ds9 also, coVeTed-on-this-end tailenders like klaestron and maquis, which'll help make b'jr happy to've sacrificed what woulda been his second sickosailor so that you could have your first
    the real surprise is the voy jt sent, in that it is an error i'd never seen: ITS SAUCER SECTION HAS NO ORANGE PAINT ON ITS THRUSTERS, AND NO OLIVE PAINT ON ITS PHASERSTRIPS! Quite a noVelTy, one which i must say i feel priviliged to view in case anyone's interested: considering the demand for this franchise-centered ship, i may be able to persuade b'jr to trade it for THREE jemhadar ships in great shape; anyone here able & wanting to make such a trade? counteroffers welcome
    also enclosed was the teemto racer pod in great shape, which i shall be forwarding on to bc3. bc3: i was gonna do my "MModification" to this, but the carriage-affixing screws are sticking a little too much when i tried to remove them. so rather than risk stripping their heads, i'm gonna send it intact to you & leave any such modification in your presumably-superior craftsmanship, ok?
    so, what did You think of Your pkg, jt? i'm WAITING ;P
    vt
    np: billy preston, "nothing from nothing"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 09-01-2001 at 11:31 AM.

'Wonk wonk wonk', ya sound like Charlie Brown's friggin' teacher! - Ford Fairlane

Annnnywhoodidillydoodilywho, VT you're gonna have to refresh my memory on the logo, how you want it. I mean, I can draw the lines in photoshop (see attached file), but I can't remember what you want beyond that. I have memory problems... lots and lots of memory problems. PS - did I draw your design upside-down in my preview graphic, or did you draw it upside-down on your address label?

As for the package, everything came just as described, though it's a good thing I open pretty much all of my Action Fleet because I had to mangle the shazbot out of that poor Rogue 2 Snowspeeder to get it out of there. The braid sets were minty mint. I had no idea "my" drink had so much booze in it. The package is very nifty (that poor, poor POTJ figure ) and I'll be getting you the $$$ I owe you as soon as I can.

I didn't have an SA Cloud Car, so I didn't have one to give you, nor did I have any of those nifty Blade Runner die cast cars, so I gave you the one thing I had laying around since it was a semi-MM item that I figured you probably didn't want to pay $2 for (btw, I paid $6 for that sucker, it came in a case of figures I bought). I figured that the worst that would happen is you take it to TRU and get $2 or give it away as trade padding, either way, it's a freebie.

Anyway, glad you dug the DS9, it was originally a replacement for my first one, which my mother bent to heck, but over time (like 3 years!), it straightened itself back out so I had a Tarak Nor and an Empak Nor... now you have an Empak Nor.

Glad you like the Klaestron ship, unlike the Numiri and Karemma ships which make great freighters in my collection (makes me wish I had kept some of those Kazon ships I sent ya), the only thing I could do with the Klaestron ship was make it pretend it was a god of some backwards planet, so I thought you should definitely have it. I'm really glad the Voyager error ship is something you dig. I had no idea that sort of thing was interesting to you.

I also sent you an Oberth-class starship, did you not get/find it?
    Attached Images Attached Images