Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Obi-Wan Pilot Figure #56 Reviewed

I just got a figure I really, really wanted.

This is going to be a favorable review.

Here is the Super-Articulated Obi-Wan Kenobi figure we always wanted - with NO action features!

He comes with every conceivable point of articulation and even a bonus waist "sit up / crunch" point that lets him sit in the starfighter cockpit a bit better.

The detraction? - The molded Jedi robe. It's 50-50 whether softgoods would totally be better.

I scrunched the robe (only barely) to get Obi-Wan in the cockpit of the starfighter while wearing the robe. He looks incredible! See Picture.

However, his arms do not come out the sleeves. He can't be posed like the Naboo Obi-Wan of Episode One's collection. You can have him posed like he's half out of his robe to use his lightsaber with the cloak on.

With the cloak off, he is the perfect Obi-Wan figure.

I strongly recommend they use this body sculpt to re-release any AOTC or TPM Obi-Wan figure for Jedi Duel action. Softgoods would make it perfect if the robe could be cut out of good material that fits right.

An articulated plastiform cloak would rock even more (plastic cloak with arm-motion ability wouldn't be that hard for them to make - put the cloak arms on seperately from a vest like robe, but give the overall impression of a Jedi cloak - or just have interchangeable arms...)

Anyway, I'm very happy with this figure. Obi-Wan comes with his lightsaber and pilot headset (which is carded separately from the figure).

He also has a Non-Ignited Lightsaber hilt which can hang from his belt - or be used on the Millennium Falcon Power of the Jedi figure!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obi-Wan in Starfighter.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	11815  

Re: Obi-Wan Pilot Figure #56 Reviewed

Very nice Tycho. (Nice day of shopping for you there also. )

Well... it looks like a good figure, maybe the best Obi-Wan figure yet, but I'm still a little dissapointed with the big rubber robe. I tend to like soft-goods more (in theory anyway) and it all has to do with the figure being able to sit, pose freely, etc. with the robe on.

Suppose I'll just have to wait 'til I see one in person...
    plasticfetish.net

It looks like a good figure if he's just standing there but he's supposed to fit in the cockpit of the Jedi starfighter so why would they give him a molded cloak instead of a soft goods one? I'm not the biggest fan of soft goods but sometimes it's necessary to do if you want to pull off the right look.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The headset comes off, right? What are all his artiulation points? And as an aside, this is figure #55, and all the lists were wrong (he switched with the Mustafar Sentry).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Articulation:

head
    shoulders (standard + ball joint)
    elbows (bending and twisting)
    wrists (twisting)
    waist (standard)
    stomach (crunches, like Luke VOTC, but not as bad)
    hips (standard)
    Knees (swivel, bending)
    ankles (swivel, bending)

So that's 23 points of articulation or something if you count points plus style of articulation x both arms or both legs.

I'd say the figure is comparable but improved upon from OTC Jedi Luke.

The figure looks great, my friend Rick sent me a photo of his out of the robe and sans headset: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...14043&cat=2125

Even the likeness appears to be very good.

That robe doesn't look good at all in the cockpit though, I'm glad I bought a few of those clearanced Ep 1 accessory sets with the cloth robes in 'em, as well as an extra Ep 2 Obi-Wan Pilot (who DID come with a soft-goods robe).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

hips (standard)
    Would've been nice if they were ball-jointed, then it'd be perfect.

He is one awesome figure, if only they would've released him as number 2 instead of one of the final figs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened88
    He is one awesome figure, if only they would've released him as number 2 instead of one of the final figs.
    ...if only this was the pack-in figure for that Starfighter that's coming out next.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The figure looks great, my friend Rick sent me a photo of his out of the robe and sans headset: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...14043&cat=2125

Even the likeness appears to be very good.

That robe doesn't look good at all in the cockpit though, I'm glad I bought a few of those clearanced Ep 1 accessory sets with the cloth robes in 'em, as well as an extra Ep 2 Obi-Wan Pilot (who DID come with a soft-goods robe).
    Thanks for posting that. I HAVE to get this figure now-that is a great sculpt and the articulation is EXACTLY what I would have hoped for, but never actually expected to get.