Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: One HUGE step closer ...

if it's open, it's doubtful! To me, the only way to tell if a vinyl cape jawa is authentic is one, it's carded and two, it's graded by AFA or you have Gus Lopez and his friends check it out for you!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

There......is .........another..............way to tell. I read somewhere that on the real plastic cape, the inside has a texture to it, while the outside is completely smooth. I think it was in Toyfare.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Rebo, you are correct.

One side of the cape should have a criss-cross texture to it. The arm holes should be tight against the figure, and the cape the same colour as the figure... Only the Toltoys figure has a different colour cape, but that's a totally different kettle of fish.

I can't get the pics to show up, but from the auction, the 'red cape' description makes me believe that it's a Ben Kenobi cape that's been cut down....

The ending price is way to low, which also makes me believe that any serious collectors would have known it was a fake, and stayed well away....

Looks like you got stung there Vader121
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

It's clearly a fake. You got taken. The cape color is that of Ben's cape, not a true Jawa cape. A real vinyl cape Jawa's cape would be the same color as the figure. Now it could be a Toltoys Jawa, but I doubt it. The way the collar folds down on the back it looks much more like the larger Ben cape than the smaller Jawa cape.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Well, although I'd rather I snagged a legit figure I am not too upset because without this one I would probably never get one anyway. Paid too much for a Jawa but oh well. I did buy it on an impulse and saw it very late into the auction. If I had more time to study the pic I probably would have passed on it but I took a chance and I do believe that you are right that it's not legit. Won't know for sure until I get it in my hands but one thing is certain whomever made it did a decent job of cutting it to fit the Jawa very well.

Notice how the seller went out of their way not to call it a "Vinyl caped" Jawa. They say "Plastic". They were clearly covering their legal bases. Sneaky. Very sneaky.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

I bought a vinyl caped Jawa a couple of years ago from a guy in Germany. You guys are exactly right, the cape is the exact same color as the figure and it does have some sort of texture to it. I paid almost $200 for it. I researched the figure a little bit before I purchased it and one of the guys at Sir Steves (I can't remember who) told me it was real so I bought it. I will try to get a photo or 2 of it up here to show you guys. All in all $36 isn't bad for a fake. I once saw somebody pay $50 for one and the person was well aware it was a fake.

Vinyl Cape Jawa Photos As promised

Jawa Fett, there is some problem because I don't see any photos or links to photos in your list post.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane