Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cornholio comes to DVD. . . finally!

Couch fishers rejoice!!

I am the great Cornholio!

I need DVDs for my bunghole!

I'm not seeing a lot about this anywhere, so maybe I'm one of the few people who noticed.

While there was no Beavis & Butt-Head booth at the Comic Con, there was a large banner hanging at the back of the exhibit hall. It showed the two greatest heroes in TV history and said, "Only nerds go to comic conventions. Beavis & Butt-Head finally come to DVD November 2005."

Uh, huh huh huh, that's like, cool and stuff.

I wonder what the hold-up was. (This was originally slated for September of last year, or the year before.) Hopefully the delay means they procured the rights to show all of the videos, which were the best part of the show.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Cornholio comes to DVD. . . finally!

Glad to hear it, I have all of season 1 on tapes that I made myself (in 1993 during a 24-hour-marathon on MTV ) but DVDs would be better. Hopefully Mike Judge has lots to say, he's a smart and interesting guy. I'm sure the delay was caused by getting the rights to all those music videos, there were likely thousands after all.

I just hope it won't be prohibitively expensive.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They did have the "Best of" from Time Life for quite a while.

It would be great if it were complete season(s) and not a compilation.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Any which way, if this is going to be the most complete release they will ever have, I am still going to get it even if it isn't all there. After all they butchered In Living Color like that.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    After all they butchered In Living Color like that.
    How's that? I've not picked up In Living Color and wasn't aware it wasn't all there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    How's that? I've not picked up In Living Color and wasn't aware it wasn't all there.
    The music video/performances paradoys have been cut. I think a number of the skits have been trimmed or cut totally. The info came from the IMDB.com website.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098830/...hread/19095967
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Oh, that really, really sucks. "Promise of a Thin Me" or "Am I Black or White" or "White White Baby" are some of the best skits from the show.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hope they give us the REAL Season 1, the ones that they stopped showing very early on, right after that piece of trailer trash burned down his NOT-WIRED-FOR-CABLE trailer, killing his sister, and his incompetent "mother" immediately blamed Beavis and Butt-Head, resulting in most of the Season 1 episodes being canned or chopped up (I never did see the ones with Billy Bob as a result of getting cable a year after the show came on the air).

I did buy all of the VHS tapes several years ago, thinking I'd gotten all the episodes, but of course a lot were missing, and only one tape had a couple videos on it. Looking forward to this, and I hope they include both Christmas specials (including the rarely seen "Yule log" episode).
    Last edited by tagmac; 07-26-2005 at 08:58 PM.

I have all those "Fire is cool" eps, they're pretty good but the art hadn't found its place yet either. I hope they include the pre-show Beavis & Butt-head cartoons that Judge did, Frog Baseball and the second, "Peace, Love, and Understanding" where the boys went to a monster truck rally and the stadium got filled with poo thanks to Sterculius, the Roman god of Fertilizer, who was angered when one of the trucks took out a portapotty (this one is REALLY hard to find, especially in unedited form). Maybe some Milton cartoons as well, "I'm gonna blow up the building" though if they included those with a better DVD of "Office Space" (which is the live-action version of the Milton series... sorta) that'd be peachy too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I had avoided those Time/Life compelations they advertise on TV, hoping for the real deal. Can't wait for the specifics.

This is going to be an expensive Fall for my DVD budget. ROTS, Batman Begins, Masters of the Universe & now B&B.

Sy Snootles lip synchs