Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Just Pre-ordered FX Luke Jedi from Borders

Sadly, my Borders actually knows precisely what I'm talking about, they even know the pertinent numbers, it's just that they have arguments with their computers while finding out less than ideal info aboutt hese.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked mine up today at the Borders Mission Valley here in San Diego. Man is it sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Can everybody please post the city/state where they are finding these? They didn't show up today either here in LA.
    Houston, TX.

Fellow Jedi Knights,

I just want everybody around L.A. California to know that I got mine from Borders at Sherman Oaks, CA 10PM Oct 8, 2005.

They had it by the register so people can see it when they go to pay for their stuff, so if I were you..... I'd wait in front of the store first thing Sunday morning!!! If no one else bought one after my brother and I did, then they would have 8 left, including the ones they have in the back.

May The Force be with you.

~Syl-Rel Veloci~

Thanks for the info gang, stupid Borders! They're in SoCal and don't even know it. I really hope MR doesn't do any more exclusives with them, they're such a pain to deal with, they really are all wrong for this sort of thing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just saw them at my local Borders here in the Portland Oregon area.

That's right, keep poking the bear.

Poke, poke, poke...

We got a look at the Luke saber last week, and it really is very cool. I'm, as always, amazed by the quality. Bright, loud, shiny metal... fun!

I ended up giving up on my store and going to another Borders to get it, it was the last one they had on the display behind the counter too.

Some quick thoughts...

Things I didn't like:
    - The metal hilt has several scratches and a few gouges too, I've heard others having this on theirs as well.
    - The sticker that pretends to be the movie activation plate has bubbled up on either outer edge on mine and won't stay down.
    - The blade has several noticable darker segments when activated, I've heard of other FX sabers with this but haven't experienced it until now and I don't like it, but it's not a disaster for me.
    - The hilt design has plastic on the pseudo-activation box which feels like it could get damaged during normal handling, and while I do dislike the fat copper neck, I dislike the even fatter black neck just beneath - this section should at least be as indented as the copper part since they were the same size on the prop (these are complaints that come from the original ROTJ FX saber though and I knew were going to be an issue coming into this).
    - The one thing I really can't get past right now is that they simply ported all the sound effects from the Luke ESB saber into this one, which is dead wrong for the ROTJ saber. The hum note is slightly higher register but definitely the same sound, the swings and clashes are all the same and the clashes even came in the same order when I hit the 2 sabers together. This really bothers me because Luke's ROTJ saber has such a specific sound which is vastly different from the other sabers, and up until now MR had been pretty good with these sounds.

Things I did like:
    - The sound is loud almost to the point of being ridiculous.
    - The swing sensor is more responsive than the others.
    - The blade looks good and is bright as all get-out, brighter by far than the ESB Luke saber and even a little brighter than the ANH Vader saber.

All in all, this is the first LED-bladed FX I am not yet sure if I'd recommend or not. The exclusivity factor makes it even more of a pain, and I hope this is not how MR leaves the ROTJ Luke saber legacy.

after reading your post I went and looked at mine more closley looking for any of the problems you've encountered on yours and I'm glad to say mine is free of any scratches, dings, peeling stickers, or a miss colored blade. Are you sure you didn't get a floor model? mine was taped shut when I purchased it.