Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tidbits and Q's about the "Saga Collection"

So, we heard that 8 or so waves were announced, ranging anywhere from 6-8 figures in each. So, I guess my first question would be:

Are these the only waves were going to see in '06, or will there be more?

Now, if there are going to be more, my next question is name the waves you would like to see made?

Personally I would love to see a Battle of the Second Death Star made. Not just for my DSII Luke, but for a good Soft Goods Palpatine w/ Throne, prehaps a retooling of the Evolutions Vader (So his right hand can be removed at the wrist), Moff Jerjerod, Admiral Peitt, Admiral Ackbar, and Nein Numb.

Right there I have 7 figures who havent seen plastic either ever (Jerjerod), in a long time (Ackbar, Numb, Peitt) or who really needed the update (DSII Jedi Luke, ROTJ Emperor) Vader is everywhere nowadays, thanks a lot ROTS,

Finally, I know a lot of these are going to be resculpts, or new sculpts. Which ever you prefer to call them, but Ive been hearing that Hasbro is sort of "starting over" with Star Wars, and now releasing new figures (i.e.new sculpts of those figures you know and love) or rehasing the ones that are supreme (i.e. 2004's Saga Tie Pilot)

What do you guys think? As of now, knowing what I know, and seeing what Ive seen, Im excited and a bit nervous for the new waves to be released. I mean, look at the first wave we get. Brand new Leia Boussh, Han Carbon, and Bib Fortuna. Repaint of Barada, who wasnt all that bad of a figure, just a bad paint app., a retooling of Chewie w/ realistic chains, and a retooling of Boba Fett. Thats not a bad list at all. Even if its not all new figures or resculpts, its not a bad list. 3 new sculpts, and the rest retooled to be up to par with those figures is pretty good. I hope the rest can live up to that expectation.

What are your guys thoughts? Im intrested what the big hitters like Tycho have to say. BTW you rock dude. So yea, post and lets hear what you guys think! Thanks to all who do!!
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 07-27-2005 at 08:40 AM.

Re: Tidbits and Q's about the "Saga Collection"

I say as long as they do it righrt. They need to be carefull about what they put out. I have no problem with re-sculpts as long as they don't re-do they same old junk just to have new figures out (i.e. Cantina Han, Tatooine Luke) The Han Solo in carb I will pick up and maybe the Bib Fortuna. but I will not buy every single thing they throw out just becasue it is on a new card.

One reason I am a little excited about this line however is that, when the green cards came out I was only 14 or so and I opened my figures to display. I have since then starting leaving them on the cards. So this will give me a chance to get some classic characters on card taht i don't have. and for that I think it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ROTJLuke
    So, we heard that 8 or so waves were announced, ranging anywhere from 6-8 figures in each. So, I guess my first question would be:

Are these the only waves were going to see in '06, or will there be more?
    8 waves would be Jan-August, depending upon how fast they release them. So we wouldn't know ANYTHING beyond this info until Comic Con 2006 next July.

Now, if there are going to be more, my next question is name the waves you would like to see made?
    AOTC Coruscant
    AOTC Kamino
    AOTC Naboo
    ANH Tatooine (again)
    ESB Bespin
    ROTJ Tatooine (again)

Obviously I have specific figures in mind for these waves.

From your DSII wave, I really want:

Jerjerrod
    Slim Aloo
    B-Wing Pilot like the vintage

The SITH Evolutions has the Emperor Palpatine, or a figure close enough for DSII for me. I need one with softgoods and lightning that can be thrown back when DV Emperor's Wrath is carrying him.

Finally, I know a lot of these are going to be resculpts, or new sculpts. Which ever you prefer to call them, but Ive been hearing that Hasbro is sort of "starting over" with Star Wars, and now releasing new figures (i.e.new sculpts of those figures you know and love) or rehasing the ones that are supreme (i.e. 2004's Saga Tie Pilot)
    I understand why they are doing it and I hope it helps save the line and encourage it to be profitable so stores will order more. This particular product may NOT see me buying a lot of - or maybe nothing at all from - however.

I have probably NO intention of buying any of the first 6 save for the fact that I might be able to use a Bib Fortuna in an EU scene or something and it might as well be the new sculpt. I won't replace the old figures in my scenes I've set up already. The '97 figure is part of the history of my collecting and has earned its spots in my dioramas.

What do I think?

I WILL NOT buy:

re-releases
    just because they are on a new card. If I have the figure, I bought as many as I needed when it first came out. I don't collect carded anyway.

repaints
    - for the sake of a paint improvement, I'm not spending more money.

re-sculpts
    - if it's new and improved it's still the same character. If it's not a new wardrobe change or something, I'm not going to buy it.

This is a great time to save money, pay the bills, and be free and clear with extra cash to do non-Star Wars things, or get a couple Darth Maul half-sabers from MR when they offer them up, so I can put together the full blade.

I started a thread in the Gen. Disc. section about why we collect. If Hasbro truly does not put out anything else I'm interested in for 2006, I'm done for a long while and I hope their marketing decisions earn them enough sales so that when they do make Herme Odle, Cliegg Lars, Padme in various attire she wears for specific scenes, etc. - I'll find my retailers ordering enough that I find them then. I'm looking towards 2007 hoping SW will still be going strong.

As far as the Gen. Disc. thread? I will be able to see if I can stay away from toy stores and not buy anything.

My final shopping list is:

2 Mustafar Sentries
    12 Five-oh-one Special Forces Troopers
    1 Holo Plo Koon
    1 Commander Bly
    2 Commander Gree

1 Sith Evolutions set (for Palpatine and Dooku)

1 Bib Fortuna 2006 - maybe

1 Sidious Force Battler
    1 Yoda Force Battler

1 Jedi Force Boga
    1 Jedi Force Han
    1 Jedi Force Anakin (Blue)
    1 Jedi Force Chewie (new style)

That's it. If 2006 product falls into the categories I said I won't buy from above, then I won't be buying it.

Hasbro may only get $200 more of my money for a whole year (starting now) unless they pony up with figures I want.

The rest of you can go crazy for their stuff. I don't think I should post if I'll be negative. I'll just quietly wait for what I want.

I'd love to see more Jedi, more clones, more army builders, and all that good stuff. I'd also love more cantina and Jabba's palace goons, as well as senators. We have until 2018 to get all of this so I hope they give it to us!

I would love a re-start of the line. So many of the "Core" characters need to be redone with better sculpts and more articulation. I would rather have a new S/A Han Bespin than five as yet unmade background Muppets or Senators or Pod-racers et.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

[QUOTE=Fluke Skywalker]I would love a re-start of the line. So many of the "Core" characters need to be redone with better sculpts and more articulation. I would rather have a new S/A Han Bespin than five as yet unmade background Muppets or Senators or Pod-racers et.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement 11%. Dont everybody jump my throat, its my opionion, but I want to see the core characters resculpted and put in new costumes that we havent seen them in before or havent been done right in before, (ie han bespin)

Well I think Hasbro is about to cater to FlukeSkywalker and ROTJLuke.

I also think I will be almost quitting collecting because they are going to make almost nothing that interests me.

Tycho man, all of these posts and theads of yours are going to be down the tubes if they come up with a bunch of background characters. Cheer up man, either way you come out ahead - one way with new figures, the other way with extra money to spend nice nights out and dinners with that lovely gf of yours!

I'm going on the record: I hereby challenge you to buy less than 20 different (I know you like multiples) figures out of the 56 prospective Saga2 figures.
    Last edited by jjreason; 07-29-2005 at 01:00 PM.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Bib Fortuna is ONE.

I'm up for the challenge.

I hope I'm wrong. Believe me. I just don't have a good feeling about this one.

My guess:

Hoth wave - maybe 1-2 figures I'll like (Veers? Torynn Far? New Hoth Soldier?)
    Coruscant Wave - maybe 1 figure I'll like (Fireship pilot? Padme new outfit?)
    Geonosis Wave - maybe 1 figure I'll like (neutral Anakin Skywalker, normal hand)
    Tatooine Wave - maybe 4 figures I'll like (Arcona, Advoze, Saurin, Tonnika) 7's max?
    Endor Wave - maybe 6 figures I'll like (Luke, Ewok, Ewok, Leia, Ewok)
    Naboo Wave - maybe 1 figure I'll like (Queen - new outfit, Rep Teers?)
    Death Star Wave - maybe 2 figures I'll like (Jerjerrod, Slim Aloo)

There's 19 names + Bib Fortuna = 20 figures.

I don't think we'll know much until Pre-Toy Fair unless SirSteve gets some early pictures for 2006 from the Hoth Wave on. Hasbro's playing their hand very close to their chest right now, else the other sites or Steve's would have had more information posted by now.

You win JJ. Pay up Tycho.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten