Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Who's ready for football season?

Here we are, July 28th, and football is not too far off. I am about to pull my hair out waiting on this season to just get started. It seems each offseason is longer than the one before....and I just about can't take it anymore, so I wanna talk football.
    I love college and NFL dearly. While I am really excited about NFL starting, I am also very much ready to see some college ball too. I usually go to about 3 or 4 Carolina games each year, plus I always attend the meet and greet session with the team. I will no doubt do the same this season if I am able to with my schedule. I just long to go back to the stadium and take in all the fun that there is when attending a college game.
    As far as the NFL, same thing. I go to a bar in Raleigh where the Jets club (yes there is one down here) watches games. Each week during NFL season we gather there to fellowship and catch the games. It's really alot of fun and I miss it dearly during the offseason. This year will be even better because we are planning on taking a group down to Charlotte for the Panthers/Jets game in November.
    So anyway, I just had to rant a bit because it seems like this has been the longest offseason I can recall (I am sure next year I will think the same thing) and I just want football to get here already. Who's with me?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Re: Who's ready for football season?

I think the offseason is getting shorter and shorter. I work in Green Bay (I live about 40 min away) and all you ever hear is Packers Packers Packers. Somebody might go on a rampage killing 4 people but if its game day the lead story will be the outcome of the Packers game. Granted I love football I'm just not a person that 'lives and dies with his team.' I hate it how its EVERYTHING to some people here.

I will say though Green Bay does have something cool with it being a publicly owned team. Granted your stock will never pay a dividend and you can only have one share its still cool, for $200 you can be a NFL owner! To footballs credit its always a letdown after the season is over... what am I to watch on Sundays??? Long story short? Giddy up bring on Lord Football!

I am eagerly awaiting the start of the season so my Sunday's can be solely occupied with watching the NFL from 10am til 10:30pm . . . can't wait !

Kick off in a 6 weeks
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm with you guys. I'm looking forward to the Detroit Lions playoff run this year and....and...HA HA HA HA!!!! Did I really just say that!?!?!?

Seriously, I find myself watching old NFL films shows on ESPN Classic just to fill the void. With all the talk of training camps and hold-out rumors, it's just making me itch more.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I can't wait for this damn season to start. I love watching the Lions play and I'm thinking about getting NFL Sunday Ticket so I can watch all of the games otherwise the only game I'm guaranteed to see is the Thanksgiving day game.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Cap, Slick... wow I feel for you boys. As much as the Packers are heartbreakers and tough to watch at times...damn the freakin' LIONS! If nothing else you guys should get something for saying you like the Lions in a public forum like this!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    If nothing else you guys should get something for saying you like the Lions in a public forum like this!
    Yeah, we should get our arse's kicked.

I like the Tigers too. So bring on the pain.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

But we get the Redwings and the Pistons. It's a trade-off I guess.

I'd love to go to a game at the Lion's "new" home, Ford Field, this season. The Silverdome was a blast, and from what I hear, Ford Field is even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I am eagerly awaiting the start of the season so my Sunday's can be solely occupied with watching the NFL from 10am til 10:30pm . . . can't wait!
    What about Sportscenter and NFL Primetime? You can easily go until midnite!
    Last edited by CaptainSolo1138; 07-29-2005 at 11:39 AM.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I like the Tigers too. So bring on the pain.
    Well I'm a Brewer fan... 1992 was the last winning season.