Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anybody going to Wizard World Chicago this year ?

I'll be going for the 4th straight year, this time for the whole weekend. The guest list pretty much sucks, NO Star Wars guests at all (unless you count Sansweet's panel) and the mass media guest list is the absolute worst of every time I've gone. There will still be some cool panels and free signings of course, like Jay and Silent Bob and other craziness.

I'm ticked off that Hasbro isn't coming for the second straight year . . . oh well.

Re: Anybody going to Wizard World Chicago this year ?

I wish I lived in that are, there is a really cool Kevin Smith figure exclusive this year that I want hehe. I will go to wizard world Boston but have no idea what exclusives and guests tere will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I'll be going for the 4th straight year, this time for the whole weekend. The guest list pretty much sucks, NO Star Wars guests at all (unless you count Sansweet's panel) and the mass media guest list is the absolute worst of every time I've gone.
    Then why are you going the entire weekend then Caes'?

Good question Jim Jam, first it's because I WISH I had gone for more than one day the past 3 years so we booked lodging way back in January before the guests were ever announced. Second, the cost of a ticket for 2 days (which would probably be enough) is the same as a 3day pass so that's a wash (except of course for the second night at the hotel) but Sunday is still worth going to since that's when Smith and Mewes are doing a signing. So each day has a unique function going on that I would like attend making it worthwhile, but in all actuality if I could only go for 2 days I think it would be enough.

Spoon, I know the exclusive figure you speak of and thought about getting it myself. I wonder how much View Askew will be scalping it for ?

I just checked out the WW website... WOW! Virgil is going to be there along with ManCow! Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes should be cool and that Evangeline Lilly is easy on the ol' eye's too!

Already got my 2 sexy Evangeline 8x10s packed up and ready to get signed, I couldn't get in to the Kevers signing last year but he made a surprise visit to the View Askew booth toward the end of the day and I got him to sign for me there . . . no Mewes though, he was probably back in their room shooting heroin so I have to track them down again this year.

And I have the limited edition Maxim Sin City cover to get signed by Frank Miller.

Virgil is classic, it's funny to watch him pitch his products like a carnie, too funny.

That guest list is flat out embarrassing. The first year I went, they had Vader, Chewie, Boba Fett, and a Jawa. The next year they had 12 or 13 Star Wars guests, it phenomenal. Last year was a down year with only Taun We and Shaak Ti, because Motti and one of the rebel pilots (Gold Leader?) cancelled at the last minute. This year they have zero SW guests so that sucks . . . oh well, that leaves me with more money for the dealers' booths.

Also, I will be getting arrested for making threats against ManCow, I hate that ****.

Even though this one is practically in my backyard, I didn't request the weekend off, but I still might make it there on Friday.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Also, I will be getting arrested for making threats against ManCow, I hate that ****.
    I have to agree with you. ManCow is the lamest schmuck I've ever heard. The way he talks to guests & cohosts is rediculous. And he can never stay away from trying to tell everyone why his views (political, religious, etc) are so much better than anyone elses. He a crack case! His show in the mornings is nothing more than confusing noise. I've never wanted to hit someone, that I have never met, so much! But I guess that's his intention... to get under our skin.

Anywho...
    I was planning on going, but I was REALLY hoping that something Star Wars would be there. Some exclusive, some actor, some art work, anything. If I go, I'll only go for one day. I'll have to check the website to determine which day sounds the most fun.
    That's at the Stevens Convention Center, right???

Yup, at the Stephens. We're staying at the Embassy Suites which is perfect because both venues are connected via skywalk.

I thought about doing the Sansweet deal but after reading the ComiCon report of his panel, I think I can do without it . . . we're still going to try to make it in but it will be our number 2 priority after Frank Miller - if we can't get passes for both, no big deal.

You know what it is with Mancow, I bet that guy will be making fun of stuff from the show next week on his radio deal, but if I went up to him and starting heckling HIM, he'll start whining like the ***** that he is.

Oh well . . .