Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Other Kitbashed/Repainted Figures You'd Like

Obviously, we'd all like brand-new figures. However, 12 new ROTS figures all utilize existing sculpts, and apparently, many of the TSC figures in 2006 will do the same. Basically, these are like "official customs." So, if this is the route they'll be taking some of the time, what other figures should they make in this fashion?

*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Tatooine) - From the ROTS Pilot Gear Obi-Wan, just add a new Alec Guinness head and replace the current plastic skirt with that of the ROTS Saesee Tiin, but in the correct color.
    *Battle Droid - In all sorts of different colors - all red, all tan, and with other rank colors as well. Use the upper body from the Saga/ROTS battle droid and the legs from the POTJ Security one, but cast it in better plastic.
    *Bail Organa - Use the ROTS head and slap it onto the Captain Antilles figure. Hey, I might actually do that myself.

What else should they do?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Re: Other Kitbashed/Repainted Figures You'd Like

Well we're getting a bunch of new Astromechs from Entertainment Earth, and that's what I would have asked for in terms of repaints.

The only other sculpts I wouldn't mind seeing thrown out again would be the Ewoks - as long as their painted distinctively and come with a nice selection of all-new accessories.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I thought the re-paints they did for the OTC line actually turned out fairly well. If they do more... when they do more, I would like....

Luke X-Wing pilot: Use Dutch Vander body, new head sculpt. (Just look how goofy my avatar looks).

Han Hoth: Re-issue Han Hoth rescue, but include an interchangable head (ala the Luke Dagobah training) that has his hood down.

Luke Hoth: Re-issue Wampa cave Luke without the battle damage.

Death Star droid: I would like the POTF 2 version in silver.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke Skywalker
    I thought the re-paints they did for the OTC line actually turned out fairly well. If they do more... when they do more, I would like....

Luke X-Wing pilot: Use Dutch Vander body, new head sculpt. (Just look how goofy my avatar looks).

Han Hoth: Re-issue Han Hoth rescue, but include an interchangable head (ala the Luke Dagobah training) that has his hood down.

Luke Hoth: Re-issue Wampa cave Luke without the battle damage.

Death Star droid: I would like the POTF 2 version in silver.
    We really need an all new Hoth Han, It was a cool figure, but that action stance has got to go! The Head would be cool, but not cool enough for a repack.

I like the idea about the Hoth Luke w/o Battle damage.

Hasbro issued that copper colored DS droid with that crap *** Sand Crawler. So maybe they will rehash that on a card as well.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

We really need an all new Hoth Han, It was a cool figure, but that action stance has got to go! The Head would be cool, but not cool enough for a repack.
    Yeah, that karate horse stance is lame! I saw a custom somewhere where the guy had straightened the legs and it looked ten times better. Same guy had done the head replacement, included a soft goods hood. That's where my inspiration came from.

Hasbro issued that copper colored DS droid with that crap *** Sand Crawler. So maybe they will rehash that on a card as well.
    Ahhhhh, so that's what that was. Never got the Sandcrawler.
    Last edited by Fluke Skywalker; 07-31-2005 at 09:53 PM.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

My God, you guys would be FURIOUS if you had to pay full basic-figure price for that Sandcrawler pack in. It's an awful figure, rubberier than all get out. It doesn't even look metallic.

Yeah I know all about it. I bought the Crawler and saw that it is truly a huge hunk of trash, so I sold the Crawler to a friend that liked it, less the figure. I took 15 bucks off the price for the figure. But yeah the figure is lame. Hasbro truly doesn't try 90% of the time. I'm really sick of hearing "It costs too much to make", man that ticks me off. I'm afraid that Hasbro is really going to drive this line into the ground and it will be all over in 2-3 years. I really don't have too much hope for the line lasting until 2018.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Even with that emotionally-uplifting boost you're giving them with your sig line?

I don't see it going much past 2008. I'm thinking that the desire for people to collect figures based on the TV show isn't going to be half of what it was for ROTS, and around here the hype for ROTS figures is over - we haven't seen any new figures since June 6th, and there isn't much on the pegs. After the first year's worth of TV show figures flop, there won't be much hope for any continuation after that. Maybe they'll resort to the new "Direct to Consumer" marketing scheme we're seeing with the new (and pretty cool looking) GI Joe figures.

I would like a new Plo Koon, similar to the POTJ version only with better articulation. Kit Fisto repaint also SA with a Robe. A good Mace Windu once again SA with a Robe. Han Solo in Carbonite new sculpt, slicked back hair, full shell carbonite. and a Jedi Luke, closed tunic SA with a better head sculpt and no action feature.

"Perfect Clone Trooper"
    Head from AT-TE Tank Gunner
    #41/CW Clone body
    Ball-jointed hips from Tank Gunner
    Helmets from both the Tank Gunner and AOTC Speederbike Clone

"Perfect SBD"
    AOTC SBD body
    ROTS SBD right arm
    Stiffer plastic...

"Perfect Droideka"
    TPM Droideka body
    CW 3-pack Droideka head

It's so simple. >_<
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"