Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leia Holographic - No Guns

Riddle me this...

I have, in my grubby lil hands, a holographic Leia from ComicCon2005 with no guns. So, is this a variation worth keeping? Is it just a mistake? Did any of the figures come with guns? Am I rich?

Thanks for your help...
    hjwii

Re: Leia Holographic - No Guns

Sorry to disappoint but all of them came without guns. The preproduction ones that you saw a couple of months had the guns but the ones that were sold to everybody at the SDCC and SWshop.com had no guns. So to sum it all up. Nobody got a Leia with guns.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well, now... that's rather disappointing. And here I thought I had finally gotten a variation on a figure. Oh well... why should I get a variation after 500 figures...

Thanks for the answer...
    hjwii

It sucks but that's how it goes. I don't recall getting any variations in all of my figure buy either so don't feel left out. Sorry I had to break the bad news.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

At first, I was wondering if I got an error also. I was almost ticked off at starwarsshop. It just looks wierd with the bubble shaped to hold guns, and no guns in it. It feels incomplete. But, it makes sense that she doesn't have guns though. She's supposed to be from the scene where she records her message into R2-D2. She has no guns in that scene. It would be nice if they could have made the bubble insert without the guns' indentations.

I wasn't that disapointed with the fact that she had no guns. I was more p*s*d off that she did not have her hood up, I mean I have watched New Hope 100,589,654,218.o5695264 times and do not remember the hologram having her hood down. I mean I am thankfull I got one but if you are going to do an exclusive figure and charge twice as much as a normal one, at least sculpt the damn thing correctly.

NO kidding, and they already have a sculpt of her with her hood on...commtech leia USE IT!!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spoon
    I mean I am thankfull I got one but if you are going to do an exclusive figure and charge twice as much as a normal one, at least sculpt the damn thing correctly.
    Considering the fact that most of the exclusive figures released anymore are either repaints, slight retools, a combined cobbling, and/or tranlucent moldings of already released figures, it is no shock the sculpt would not be correct. Only way that would happen is if they had used a mold of an already existing hooded Leia figure.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Malakite
    Considering the fact that most of the exclusive figures released anymore are either repaints, slight retools, a combined cobbling, and/or tranlucent moldings of already released figures, it is no shock the sculpt would not be correct. Only way that would happen is if they had used a mold of an already existing hooded Leia figure.
    That's the perplexing thing though, they used an existing sculpt to make this, they had an existing sculpt with her hood up, so why did they pick the inaccurate one??

The world may never know!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

the main reason, i'm guessing they did not go with the hood up leia is the soft goods skirt, and heaven forbid they have to make a different bottom half... or a new one for that matter... I might have to get another one of these suckers, she seems to be more or less in scale with the 100 dollar R2 from a couple years ago.
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man