Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Disappointment in Target

I don't know what bothers me more about my trip to Target tonight - the fact that they yet again had nothing on the shelf, or having to witness a scalper in the act practically admitting what he is!

I walk over to the SW aisle, see nothing on the pegs, and this loser walks up to me saying "they never have star Wars figures here." Probably just trying to get me to leave, as I saw a minute later that an employee had gone in the back to look for something for him - thankfully I heard her say that they had nothing left. I pretty much ignored the guy, but as I walked away, I hear his wife/g/f walk over talking about getting a #500 Vader for $3, then I hear him ask her how many bids they had on it, and that it's "not worth getting." Glad I already got my Vader last week or I'd have been even more ticked off, but this just burned me up - hard enough to find stuff, and I get to witness an ebay scum in the process of trying to hoard more figs (unsuccessfully, thank goodness).

Re: Disappointment in Target

Oh yeah it happens everyday in LA.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Oh yeah it happens everyday in LA.
    i wish that weren't true but it is...sometimes it's even the target employees themselves who are the ebay scum.

Today I went to a Target in Seaside and I did find the Deluxe Clone Jet Backpack, they had three of them along with the Vulture Droid. I have never seen the Deluxe Clone before so I picked them up with some other stuff.

Last week I found an VOTC 12" Boba Fett for $1.86 at Target. I'm not in love with the fact that they're doing resets and there's no stock in the stores, and what little there might be gets picked over by scalpers... but I'm happy to say that the struggle can work both ways.

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win.
    Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    I hear his wife/g/f walk over talking about getting a #500 Vader for $3, then I hear him ask her how many bids they had on it, and that it's "not worth getting."
    Are you sure they weren't talking about bidding on something, rather than selling? "Not worth getting" could mean a lot of things.

I know that there are quite a few scalpers out there, but I wonder just how often we see someone who's really just another collector, that we tag with the title "scalper."
    plasticfetish.net

They were talking about a #500 Vader, and were holding the last one in their hands. I could be worng, but I suspect that's what they asked the employee to look for more of in the back, cuz I heard her say "we only have that one."

Heres disappopintment:

I went to Target this morning and guess what.

Huge arse sign on the door that said CLosed due to computer issues, anyone else hit this?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I would have kicked the guy in the pills

I would like to offer the slightest bit of hope for those who search at Target. This is true of the four I have been to in the last couple days in the Chicagoland area, I'm sure it will eventually happen elsewhere; they are reorganizing their shelves - completely getting rid of their entire Star Wars aisles that have been there for the past 4 months. I haven't bought anything at Target in more than a month, but when I went there yesterday morning, the Star Wars aisle was moved over one and was cut in half - and there I found the entire Zett Jukasa wave, 500th Vader, Anakin Evolutions, Ultimate Lightsaber set, and Jedi vs. Sith battlepack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    I would like to offer the slightest bit of hope for those who search at Target. This is true of the four I have been to in the last couple days in the Chicagoland area, I'm sure it will eventually happen elsewhere; they are reorganizing their shelves - completely getting rid of their entire Star Wars aisles that have been there for the past 4 months. I haven't bought anything at Target in more than a month, but when I went there yesterday morning, the Star Wars aisle was moved over one and was cut in half - and there I found the entire Zett Jukasa wave, 500th Vader, Anakin Evolutions, Ultimate Lightsaber set, and Jedi vs. Sith battlepack.
    Where in the Chicagoland area did you find this stuff? I've searched all over and can't find squat! There are 4 Targets that I get around to... one in Woodridge, Bolingbrook, one off of Kingery, and one in Chicago (while on lunch form work)... none of them have anything. In fact, the one in Bolingbrook last night had all of their pegs filled with figures. The problem. NOTHING BUT MAS AMEDAS AND POLIS MASSAN (maybe 4 white clone pilots)! No joke... Over 100 figures and only three to choose from. The other stores are like that too. They have price tags/signs for the 500 Vader, Evolutions, and Battlepacks, but there's never any of them on the shelf. I went into the Target in Chicago a week or two ago, and the guy was restocking the pegs. He had about 10 boxes of 3 3/4" figs, and NONE of them were above fig #44. No variations, no evolutions, no battlepacks, no Vader 500, not even any deluxe figs.
    Target, though annoying at times with their "we're not allowed to help consumers" attitude, used to be the top place to find new figures in some form of abundance. Now they're just awful!
    Actually, the area that I'm in is awful.