The Thing Spider head bust!

Check this out guys! Soto toys is making a resin bust of the spider head thing from the movie THE THING by John Carpenter. http://www.sotatoys.com/news-archive...y.asp?lngID=89
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPB-THINGspiderhead-thumb.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	11935  
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Re: The Thing Spider head bust!

Am I the only one that wants this thing?
    (Like my posts)

That's pretty cool Matt. I love JC's The Thing, and that bust reminds of the McFarlane figure that I had years ago.

I would love to have it, but unfortunately I just don't have the space to start in on another line.

This movie was scary as hell when I first saw it. The effects still stand up today too. I dunno about that Spider head bust though....

I saw pics for a MacReady vs. the infected Huskies figure box set but I'm not sure who made it. I was thinking NECA but it could be SOTA.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    That's pretty cool Matt. I love JC's The Thing, and that bust reminds of the McFarlane figure that I had years ago.

I would love to have it, but unfortunately I just don't have the space to start in on another line.
    I'm only getting this guy. I don't really remember seeing what other stuff they were doing. The Thing is my all time favorite horror film.

Like Ji'dai said, the effects still stand up today too.
    (Like my posts)

That is cool. I may have to get that
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Here is a pic of that box set I mentioned with MacReady shooting the infected Huskies. It is made by SOTA as part of their "Now Playing" line and is due out next month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	THING.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	12374  
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

That is a nice set. Are there any others or just these 2?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Here is a pic of that box set I mentioned with MacReady shooting the infected Huskies. It is made by SOTA as part of their "Now Playing" line and is due out next month.
    It's all right I guess. I really don't like seeing those dogs shot though. I fast forward throught that part. Being a owner of dogs and cats it bothers me, so I'm passing on the set.
    (Like my posts)

my mom would get that...seriously! That's one of her favorite movies next to Alien and Aliens of which she has several figures and playsets from.

that sculpt is super cool, they did a great job on it!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!