Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Known upcoming releases and dates of Master Replica items

Hi Fellow Jedi Knights,

I am under the impression that Lucasfilm did not give MR the rights to make replicas of both the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Lightsabers. The only rights they had from Ep.I was the Darth Maul lightsaber. This is the reason-in case you haven't noticed- why the first Obi-Wan Lightsaber released is not even from Ep.I but from Ep.II and the Qui-Gon Lightsaber, which only appeared on Ep.I, was never released.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I don't want everybody to get their hopes up (including mine for the 10th time) only to have it come down with a big crash!

If anything, they'll probably release the Obi-Wan EE from Ep. II, not from Ep.I I happen to own a very accurate EL Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber which I'm very happy with, but if it is released by MR, I won't hesitate in getting one.

May The Force be with us all.

~Syl-Rel Veloci~

The reason Master Replicas made Obi-Wan's lightsaber from AOTC 1st is because it was coming out in theatres at that time, and they also were releasing the Yoda LE lightsaber to go along with it. The Count Dooku LE was soon to follow. And it worked very well.

They've not released the Qui-Gon lightsaber yet becuase of several reasons...
    1. AOTC was coming out in '02. Thats when they introduced themslves and their product for the movie. They had it ready that year.
    2. 2003-04 were non-movie years and they had a shot of getting out other replicas like Luke's ESB saber, Thermal Deonator, Ben Kenobi's saber, etc. as well as trying out how well the scaled lightsabers would sell
    3. 2005 is Revege of the Sith year! And all of their marketing and products are geared towards that as well as setting up their customers for the next.

MR has all the rights to make Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's lightsaber from TPM. They've had a full plate and havnt had time to put those sabers on the drawing board until now.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

what the hell are you talking about? check your facts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl-Rel Veloci
    Hi Fellow Jedi Knights,

I am under the impression that Lucasfilm did not give MR the rights to make replicas of both the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Lightsabers. The only rights they had from Ep.I was the Darth Maul lightsaber. This is the reason-in case you haven't noticed- why the first Obi-Wan Lightsaber released is not even from Ep.I but from Ep.II and the Qui-Gon Lightsaber, which only appeared on Ep.I, was never released.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I don't want everybody to get their hopes up (including mine for the 10th time) only to have it come down with a big crash!

If anything, they'll probably release the Obi-Wan EE from Ep. II, not from Ep.I I happen to own a very accurate EL Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber which I'm very happy with, but if it is released by MR, I won't hesitate in getting one.

May The Force be with us all.

~Syl-Rel Veloci~

I did, now how about you check yours...

I did, now how about you check yours...
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...&postcount=133
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

Exactly

Are you high? MRCUSTOMERCARE just said that what you said is "NOT TRUE" and the Qui Gon LE is on the product plan for 2006.

as i said earlier, check your facts before you make assumptions. How can MR have a lisence for one saber but not the other? They have lucasfilm ltd lisence that is all they need. Its really not that difficult....

Jayspawn basically just explained why they made the Maul saber and not the rest from EpI yet.

And just to clear one last thing up before someone reads this and actually believes your wrong information.... MR IS making the Obiwan EE from The Phantom Menace EPI, NOT EpII.
    Last edited by Jayspawn; 09-02-2005 at 12:18 AM.

Exactly
    What the hell?
    [font=Century Gothic][i]Every man dies, not every man really lives[/i][/font]

Ok, A.D.D. I did check my facts... click on the link above that Umbra put up... (thank you for paying attention Umbra, I like you already) Furthermore, I'm not trying to coerce anyone into thinking anything false. (I'm sorry fellow Jedi Knights, if it came out like that) Like I said, when it is released I will be one of the first ones to order it. You should read what I wrote one more time.... I never said "I know." So, obviously, I'm not stating anything factual. I said, "I am under the impression" (lawyer tricks my very young Padawan) I was actually looking for replies like Jayspawn's. (thanks for actually listening Jayspawn) You should read Jayspawn's reply, you might learn something. Anyway, you shouldn't waste your time on this subject any longer, it's not that serious! This is the last time I'll pay attention to you, ok? It boils down to.... Do you have the money to get the Lightsabers? Then, get them! If not, go spell license correctly....

For those who want to get the ROTS Darth Vader LE Lightsaber, Master Replicas has a LIMITED number of them IN STOCK for Collector's Society Members!its $369.00 w/ free shipping!

Make sure to use your coupon if ya got one!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett