Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Known upcoming releases and dates of Master Replica items

Hey Everyone. MR didn't release the Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM back then because it didn't fit in with the promotion plan at the time. Steve, the President of Master Replicas has already confirmed that the Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber being offered in EE format will in fact be from The Phantom Menace and will be available for order at the end of the year. The Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber has been confirmed as part of the 2006 Plan and will be announced in late September/Early October as confirmed by Amy, MRCUSTOMERCARE. Also, those watching the horizon for upcoming MR Product the first two quarters of MR's 2006 Plan will be announced around the time of the Qui-Gon announcement but don't expect the Millennium Falcon on that list because its slated for a late 06 release. Also, the Vader Helmet itself has a release date of December 1st according to Target's Website so we won't have to wait too long until we get it...

From over on the Rebelscum boards thanks to "IrishJedi"

I'm working on an article on high-end genre collectibles. I am in San Francisco right now (covering the EP3 DVD press junket as well as Battlefront II) and Master Replicas was kind enough to give me a tour of their headquarters and interviews with several key personnel.

First of all, I was disappointed that I didn't get to meet Amy. Apparently, she left for the day by the time I was done with my first interview. Maybe next time.

Anyway, I of course learned and saw lots of cool stuff (most of which I can't share yet for obvious reasons).

But this I can share now...

Saw (and held) the prototype for the Darth Maul FX saber(s). All I can say is "WOW!" and that you will not be disappointed. In fact, this will easily be the best FX product MR has produced yet and may in fact become one of the best SW products they'll have on the market.

The Vader helmet is indeed VERY impressive in person. I was able to hold it and even try it on (it fit me!). Very impressed with the thickness of the fiberglass and the quality of the overall piece. I may break down and order one now.

2006 & 2007 are going to be EXTREMELY expensive for MR collectors.

The "Rocketeer" helmet absolutely rules. They're thinking of producing a Jetpack as well.

The "Narnia" stuff is simply fantastic.

MR is indeed moving beyond just lightsabers for SW minis, though don't necessarily assume .45 scale. That's ALL I can say on the matter. What I saw looks VERY promising, though.

More helmets than just Vader, Stormtrooper and the already announced Clones are in the works. Can't say more, but will offer this hint: The WEATHER was fantastic today!

Just a little tease on how amazing a fellow collector thinks the next couple of years will be. I for one am very very very excited about the October annoucement of MR's 2006 Q1/Q2 plan!!!!

Master Replicas has BOTH the ANH and ROTS Darth Vader Minis IN STOCK!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Damn these mini's have been so tempting. Ive managed to limit myself to the mace aotc and obi aotc minis thus far. However the luke and the BD maul and even vader anh are soo soo tempting..... UGH, save money for my next LE (Probably Qui Gon) OR buy those minis? life sucks.

save your money for the next LE...you will thank yourself later when you don't have a desk cluttered with a bunch of little sabers smaller than tubes of Chapstick

So, we know that Mini-Blasters are on the way....someone on another forum said that they look about .33 sized in comparison to the originals. I guess we'll know for sure next year. Also I can't wait for the Qui-Gon. I guarantee that saber will be a sleeper saber that will be impossible to get on the secondary after retirement. if you're choosing between minis and QGJ I'd wait for the master...