View Poll Results: What ROTS Figures Are You Caught Up To? (*MULTIPLE CHOICE*)

Voters
560. You may not vote on this poll
  • 41-44 (Neimoidian wave)

259 46.25%
  • 45-47 (Tarkin wave)

108 19.29%
  • 48-50 (Mustafar Anakin wave)

177 31.61%
  • 51-53 (Zett Jukassa wave)

180 32.14%
  • 54-56 (Obi-Wan Pilot wave)

172 30.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: What ROTS Figures Are You Caught Up To?

I am currently on vacation here in Upstate New York. Usually this area has a plentiful supply of SW figures. There is a small, but thriving SW community that buys just enough stuff to keep new products flowing into the stores.

But not now.

This area hasn't even seen the Tarkin wave. It's starting to get ridiculous. To make matters worse, I see online scalpers like Brian's Toys, the absolute WORST OFFENDER of the bunch, selling figures like the #50 Anakin for a whopping $20, not including shipping!

Even the ebay scumbags are selling that figure for less. This is disgraceful. The folks at Brian's Toys are FAR WORSE than your average scalper.

*sigh*

Hasbro, please get your act together because get this....

People actually want to buy your figures.

It's a surprise I know, especially considering how movie related products choked the shelves after the last two films. Still, every time I go into a store, I see kids looking for figures that they just cannot find. This is a great way to kill the interest many young fans have in Star Wars. I guess no one has told Hasbro that young people today have very short attention spans. If you don't give them what they want now, they will quickly move on to something else.

Personally, I'm starting to think that SW collecting is a bit of a "pyramid scheme." There always has to be the "have and have nots." If everything were in abundant supply, there would be no scalpers buying extra figures and driving up sales. If figures weren't hard to come by, collectors wouldn't suffer under the delusion that their figures have monetary value. (Which honestly, they don't, but I don't care because I collect for FUN.) These collectors are the same folks who buy multiples of every figure they think might someday increase in value.

I even see people in the "just found" section talking about how they purchased 5 of a certain store exclusive to keep "just for trades." Honestly, these people are just hoarders.

What's the sollution to all this mess?

Sharing, helping each other out, joining a local collectors club and avoiding scalpers and eBay at ALL COSTS! You are only hurting yourself when you support their dirty deeds. You help contribute to an enviorment that only causes your own suffering.

And one last thing....

If you are dumb enough to buy a $20 #50 Anakin from the online scalper known as Brian's Toys, please do me this small favor:

Grap a marker and go to the closest mirror.

Once you are there write the words "I am an idiot" on your forehead. You might as well be honest with people.
    Last edited by Solo17; 08-09-2005 at 03:14 PM.

I just found the Mustafar Sentry last night, so that brings me up to speed including the three repainted clones.

I still have yet to find the Tarkin wave on the pegs. I got mine through a trade with a local collector friend.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'm just newly caught up to the Tarkin wave. I have purchased all my basic figures at retail - except for the ones that didn't come to Canada, which El Chuxter purchased at retail (thanks again, Bro).

I'm not super hopeful that we'll get the rest of the ROTS stuff due to the delay in getting these latest 3 onto our shelves (over 2 months between my finds of 41-44 and then 45-47).

Be nice to see who of those lucky "all 56 in hand" types got them all from retail, or whether or not the supported scalpers or smaller independent stores. No knocks against anyone or their spending habits, it would just be interesting.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Looks like the 41-44 wave messed up the ROTJ distribution pretty badly. I'm not surprised I guess, packing as many super articulated clones with the same number of Wookiees and Neimoidians and Destroyer Droids was a recipe for disaster, I'm just surprised the Wookiees and Droidekas aren't as plentiful as the Neimoidan - who is a decent sculpt, just crappy weapon.

For me, I haven't bought anything after #44 which was 3 months ago. I saw a few Captain Antilles and Mustyfart Anakins, but I don't care about Antilles enough to buy him and I'm waiting for Hasbro to send out that Anakin with a better paint job - the theory being that they get better the further into the run they go. For me, the Star Wars collecting scene has been a bit of a bummer the last month or so thanks to pegwarmers, bad case assortments, hoarders, and scalpers.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    Oh, BTW, JT, I screwed up in my vote for the poll and only put 54-56. If you can correct this for me, and check all of the boxes, thanks.
    Fixed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still need Tarkin.

JT, I only voted for 51-53, but have everything else, so if you can fix it for me too. I thought it was a one thing vote. I dont read too good.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    JT, I only voted for 51-53, but have everything else, so if you can fix it for me too. I thought it was a one thing vote. I dont read too good.
    Please confirm if you mean you have everything up to #53 or everything up to #56.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Im up to 56.. but have some holes- tarkin wave, at-rt driver.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Please confirm if you mean you have everything up to #53 or everything up to #56.

I have the entire Wave of SA clone, both wookie warriors, neo warrior and destroyer droid. I have the entire Tarkin wave and have hooked many on the boards up with the wave also. Guyute has hooked me up with the Crispy Anakin wave, and I found Zett over the weekend. JF96 has picked me up an Obi Pilot, but I havent gotten it yet, so I dont know if that counts, so definitly up to 53 and an Obi Pilot for the next wave.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Unhappy Re: What ROTS Figures Are You Caught Up To?

I Guess I Havent Been Around This Site In A While. I Voted For The Nemoidian Wave Which Is The Newest Wave I Have Seen Around Here In Ohio. However After I Voted I Realized That I May Not Have Purchased That #35 or Wutever It Was "Palpatine." If I Bought Him I Dont Know Where He Is. Anyways I Havent Seen Anything Past The Nemoidian Wave (Which Has Been Around For A While), And Because Of That I Have Not Purchased Any Star Wars Toys For The Past Month Or Maybe Its Been Two Months. I Look Forward To The Time When The Rest Of Those Waves Arrive In My Area. Peace.
    "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete; when I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master." - Dark Annie