196 49.49%
  • it's still as good as the first time

157 39.65%
  • it's still as bad as the first time

15 3.79%
  • it's getting worse and worse

28 7.07%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Has your opinion of ROTS changed after seeing it again?

Now that you've had the opportunity to see Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith more than once, what is your take on the movie? Here we are 3 months after the movie's release and 3 months to go until it's released on DVD, conversation about ROTS has started to hit a bit of a lull, and this summer has been particularly weak for other films, so now seems like a good time to find out how the passage of time and multiple viewings has changed fans' opinions of the final Star Wars movie.

thanks to stillakid for the poll idea

Re: Has your opinion of ROTS changed after seeing it again?

I voted that it's getting better each time. I've only see it about 7 times but it was great and I noticed something new each time which makes watching it lots better. I've watched it a couple of times on DVD (don't ask ) and it's just as good except for the counter on the top of the screen.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It gets better with age like a fine wine. I have seen it a dozen or so times already. This has become my favorite surpassing ESB. I love the darkness of the movie. Think I will watch again tonight
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I voted that it's getting better. The first time I saw it, I don't think I appreciated it as much because I just wanted to get to the climax. I've seen it 4 times since then and the first 20 minutes still bother me with all the droid "comedy", but I just do my best to get over that and enjoy the movie as a fun piece of entertainment. The whole Palpatine seducing Anakin/killing of the Jedi/Obi-Wan vs. Anakin still excites me everytime I see it and, for me, is as good as anything in ESB.

I picked it's getting better and better. I must admit that I have only seen it three times so far. I wish I had time to view it more, but I'm sure o9nce I pick it up on DVD, I will be able to view it more.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I agree the droid comedy stuff in the begining sucks. I really enjoyed it overall and have watched it maybe 8-10 times total and still rank it behind ESB but lightyears ahead of #3 ANH. Beleive it or not I was watching Phantom Menace on the train ride home today. I still have no idea what Lucas was thinking during that one. For a movie that had so much potential, how'd it become such a stinker. I have a poll for you. If you had never seen the original trilogy and Lucas started with Phantom Menace and gone in chronilogical order 1-6 would the series have done as well? As the films are now, not taking technoligical improvements in to account. Each film as they are today!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I notice something new each time
    Me too. Someone should make a guide with all of the back ground stuff.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

It's as good as the 1st time I saw it. I saw it again and for the last time on the big sreen 2 weeks ago. Total of 5 times. I don't think I would want to see it for some time now.

I thought all the shots with R2 were great. I love when he's puts the com link into one of his doors. I laughed every time I saw it.

Overall it was a good film. I'm just happy it ended well The Saga that is. Thank the Gods that it didn't end with a EP1.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I hated it the first time I saw it so it has only gotten better for me. It was all just to much to take in the first time around. I really like the movie now.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Getting better and better, best Star Wars movie ever!