View Poll Results: It's been a month, do you plan on seeing Ep 3 again in theaters?

Voters
340. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I plan on seeing it again at a theater

279 82.06%
  • NO, only because it's not in my area anymore

3 0.88%
  • NO, I don't feel like seeing it again in theaters

58 17.06%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

It's been a month, do you plan on seeing Ep 3 again in theaters?

It's been just over a month since Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith was released into theaters across the globe, and while some theaters still are playing the movie, others have moved on to newer releases. Although Star Wars has been a strong box office performer, the movie industry overall has been performing under expectations and is going through its 17th week in a slump. So, after a month and now with less venues to choose from, will Star Wars fans be willing or even able to return to the box office before the movie leaves theaters altogether?

Re: It's been a month, do you plan on seeing Ep 3 again in theaters?

I almost went to see it a second time Monday night but went to Target instead.

I just hope it's still at one of the few digital theatres in my area.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Of course I will, in fact I'll be going again this weekend and PROBABLY once a week for awhile yet . . . most likely until the first week of August like I did for AOTC.

I was going to see it again at my local theater, the independent historic Vista, since they are right down the street and have good ticket prices (great matinee prices) and I like supporting a local theater, but last week they moved on to Batman Begins so I will see that there instead. Unfortunately, the only other theater in my area with ROTS is the Arclight which I don't like at all and is pricey so I won't be seeing it again. I suppose it's the best for the Vista, when the Mann Chinese theater wouldn't agree to Lucas's terms for TPM, the Vista snatched up the contract with the minimum exclusive 8-week run where they had to have showings at all normal hours (usually they don't have a noon or even 3 show during the week because of lack of interest) and when the Chinese theater signed on for a short stint (3 weeks or a month, I forget which exactly) at the last minute, the Vista got saddled with having to have staff on hand to screen TPM to virtually empty rooms at least twice a day every weekeday for 7 weeks (the first week had enough interest).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hells yes I plan on seeing it again. I want to see it several more times in theaters before I get it on DVD.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

JT, what are these ticket prices you speak of ?

Around here the usual matinee price is around $5.50 while evening shows run about $8.50 . . . give or take a half dollar depending on the theater.

$4.75 for matinees, $8 for regular. Most other theater tix around here are $9 and up, very few have matinees anymore and the ones that do are around $7. The Arclight which still has ROTS is an upscale cinema-fan theater and is built around the Cinerama Dome, their tickets are $11 for matinee and $14 for regular - the seats are assigned seating so you can't just sit anywhere, the multiplex theaters are all THX-certified, the ushers do a little spiel for each show, and the concessions are a little extra "gourmet". Personally, I don't care for it there at all though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My local theater just dumped it last week, so I'll I have to travel, but I plan on seeing it at least one more time.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

YOU BET !! ~~~

After seeing George Lucas on AFI last evening -- I am looking to seeing it even more. I know there are at least 4 of my pals that are going to see it again.

Remember -- This might very well be the LAST time we get to do this

Count me in for at least 2 more times
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......