Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6 year old Katie Johnson passes from cancer

3 years ago when I first joined the ranks of the 501st Legion costuming club, I met the man who started it as a fan wearing a set of armor, since then the club has grown to over 3,000 members of the galactic empire. We were all dealt a blow this evening with the passing of Albin Johnson's 6 year old daughter, Katie.

Though I never personally met Katie, I have been kept up to date on her battle with cancer, and what others have done to make her last days here on Earth as enjoyable as possible. You can read about this young lady at:
    http://www.heartofanempire.com/Katie/

I just wanted to pass this along as I have been a member here at SSG, and Katie is a part of my other extended family in the 501st Legion.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Re: 6 year old Katie Johnson passes from cancer

Sad news that someone so young has to deal with something like this. May she R.I.P. and thoughts and prayers to her family.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sorry to hear about that Bobafrett.

It's very sad when you see something like this happen and with what happened to Jim Kelly's son, it makes hard to see parents having to bury their children.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

If you get a chance, and feel up to it, go to the contact tab at the link I provided in the first post. You can leave a message to Katies family if you wish. You can also see the "Get Well Katie" greeting from George Lucas and Hayden. It is very touching. Also read the article on the first page, the one I linked to. Our club does a lot of charity work, but never thought we would need one of the charities for someone in our club.

Thats sad to hear, and its even more heartbreaking given how young she was. But now she is one with the Force. Rest in Peace.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

It's always the worst to hear of a child passing. At least she wasn't alone and had alot of support. Heck she even got George Lucas to stir from his lair, that means she was special to alot of people.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I have been keeping up on the ForKatie project for awhile now. It is sad to see her pass on,especially at such a young age. May she rest in peace and no longer be in suffering
    Last edited by InsaneJediGirl; 08-10-2005 at 10:38 PM.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I feel really bad for her parents, so hurtful to have to lose a child . . . I've seen other people go through that and it is heartbreaking. I hope they find some peace and comfort.

Someone in the 501st Legion did a video tribute with photos from when she was healthy up to just weeks before she passed, If you view it, during the later photos you will notice she gets some weight gain. It was from the treatments that she had to endure. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.wizzer.org/video/Katie.wmv

I was in tears, and I never even met the young lady. Oh, and I read in her obituarie that she was 7 years old, not 6 as I had reported, either way that is way to young.