Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reek image at Hasbro Site

Hasbro Star Wars has posted an image of the upcoming AOTC Reek Beast...thoughts?

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhun...ent.cfm?id=320

mosnab

Question

Is it just me,or does this Reek Beast look like something for Jurassic Park 4?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

What's that smell...?

Why, it's the REEK! Seriously, though... it's not that bad. I always wondered what my Asian mom made her Potato Reek soup from. Now I know! I won't be getting this, but it's not a bad looking beast. I think "Action legs" Anakin could get perched on top of this baby pretty easily!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

InsaneJediGirl, you hit the nail on the head with that one. I was just about to post something similar once I saw that thing. It's "electronic sounds and thrashing attack action" just reminded me of all the JP stuff I used to buy.

I think it looks pretty good and the features sound kind of cool, actually. Assuming the sounds turn out OK, I would think it would be great fun to have this thing roaring and thrashing through a crowd of figures.

As with the vehicles, Hasbro has shown some major progress here. Compared with the ep 1 Beasts (Eopie, Kaadu and Jabba were just awful) there is no question that this is a big step forward.

Let's hope the thrashing action means this bad boy has that rubber "real feel" skin (like the JP toys and the POTF2 Rancor). I don't know why you guys seem down on the JP line...I thought those Dinos were well done and remember wishing that the SW beasts were half as good.

Darth Ludicrous, I never said I had a problem with the JP stuff - I bought tons of JP figures, but not for JP3. I'm just saying that that's what this reminds me of.

Hey,I wasnt downing JP stuff either,I have a ton of it from when the first movie came out.It just looks like some mutant thing that would be in JP3(Which,I havent seen).

I probably will buy this if it as "real feel" skin,which would be interesting(As some of you noted.)I wonder what the sounds are gonna be like.
    Last edited by InsaneJediGirl; 01-16-2002 at 10:44 AM.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Talking I can name that sound in...

Hopefully Jett Lucas won't have had a hand in the sounds. Otherwise it'll go, "Rrrrrrrrrrr!" "Mrrrrwwwwwrrrrr!" "Wrooooooorrrrr!" & "Rrrrrroar!"

...or maybe it will just sing stuff by *NSYNC.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I have no problem with the toy. But I just wish isn't wasn't a big lizard again like so many other beasts in the SW universe.