Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Here it comes!! MR Collectors Kit on the way!

My kit arrived on Friday, and it was hella awesome. i got freaked a bit when I noticed that the membership card was missing, but all forums I've read said the card should be on its way separately. Can't wait now for the Anakin Dark Chrome exclusive next month (and whatever else is coming...)

I got my kit today, it's really cool now I might get into 45s.

i got mine today!!!!! beautiful packaging i did not recieve my card either but would not want to have waited the extra time for mr to personalize each package.

in response to slothfurnace's comment on being light and flimsy. it is not as solid as i was expecting but no biggy, it is a lovely piece non-the-less.

can't wait to use my coupons...just need a money tree.

Yep, got mine too!! Nice....

Well, folks, I got mine this evening as I came in from work. I must say it was a nice surprise after a grueling day of crunch time as we're trying to get our PC game demo out.

The packaging was superb, some of the best I have seen in a mass produced item. The dust cover and outer lining was such a surprise

The Maul mini, while not as heavy as I would expect due to it being a nice metal but kind of hollow... is very cool. However, the two plastic injection molded emitter ends just inside the aluminum discs on either end are a bit of a disappointment. Some kind of metal would have felt much better to the touch and feel of this otherwise awesome piece. I realize it was probably too expensive to manufacture/tool/ship/etc. to do a solid metal body and metal emitter ends.

One question for those who have it, does the battle damaged maul mini have the ribbed/flared emitter piece in plastic or metal? This might change my decision to order the Damaged mini because as I run my fingers along this mini, the plastic pieces feel unnaturaly room temperature next to the satisfying cold metal feel of the rest of the saber.

Aside from that, I would say this mini is right up there as one of my favs.

As always, happy collecting, folks!

Slothfurnace
    -------------------
    www.nonentity.com

I have the gold mini sloth, and I I've never taken it out of the box so I cant tell.

Anyways, FedEx showed up at 7 this morning. Woke me up -drove my dogs crazy. But not a bad way to wake up and getting a fun package! I love my kit! My Maul mini doesnt seem flimsy at all -feels pretty solid to me. It cool, but then I have the full-size LE but its nice compared the the real thing. I love the patch too! The Replica Report is a nice little read. Cant wait to get the next one.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I got my kit today but the personalized membership card was missing! What's up with that?!?!?! That's no way to welcome CS members. Disappointed!

decadentdave, the previous posts already tell you that the card ships seperatly and why.

They will be arriving shortly.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I don't understand why they just didn't wait another week to send these out with the personalized membership cards inside. How hard would it be to package them with the card included since the kits have to be individually inspected and packaged anyway? I think they should have prepared and handled the distribution of them a little better. Instead of, "Hello Mr./Mrs. so-and-so, and welcome to the CS," it feels more like "Here's your kit..." and "Oh, by the way, your personalized membership card will be shipping shortly." A membership kit should be just that... personalized.

Mine is set to come today, pretty excited about it. But this thing was supposed to ship in May so being that its August I'm glad to be receiving the kit and the card separate. Lord knows, we don't need anymore delays from MR. Two pieces set for this year have already been pushed to next year: Darth Vader ROTS FX, Obi-Wan ROTS FX and there is rumor that the Luke ROTJ LED FX may delay past the quoted October 4th ship date given by Borders. I'll get them as soon as possible please.